Pirates and Cannon in 1.09b

marc420

Chieftain
Hi,

Downloaded this and have been playing it lately. Having a lot of fun.

My first game had a random choice land me as a Pirate, so I've been figuring out that mode of play. And this has led to one question.

I've got a bunch of Pirate cannon outside a Spanish town with a fort. But I don't seem to be able to bombard to reduce the fort defense percentage. Is this expected and is there a reason for it? Or did I find a bug?

Perhaps you are not yet "at war" with the Spanish. That would explain the absence of the bombard function.

This said, IMHO the pirates are not yet really a playable option. And even as an AI civ, they are no longer really a threat. I found them very dangerous in early builds of AoD, then as soon as Dale implemented the pirate brig ship and the initial delay on pirate appearance, they became about as dangerous as a defanged kitten.

Perhaps future builds of AoD will result in the pirates becoming and interesting and playable option, but the design challenge is huge. Kudos to Dale for getting this far, but the road to pirate playability is still long.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Top Bottom