Jotnar - Giant Civ for Fall from Heaven. Download Here.

I would still love to see the wall wonder change to current cultural boundaries each turn so that it always marks your territory.

This

I hated the great wall in vanilla civ, because it would quickly become outdated as your borders grew, and new towns wouldn't be visibly protected.

Recalculating it each turn would be very good. Or even just every 5 turns if it's too much cpu time.

The Jotun Hill giants are a bit weird. They start out with hidden nationality - guess this is okay - but I couldn't use them to capture Clan cities (because the Clan are 'barbarian'?) and I couldn't load them onto my Giant Tortoises either.

Other than that - Jotuns look pretty good. Not sure about the spawn rate of citizens, it seems a little high atm. Jotuns may need the economy tweaked down, just marginally.

The hill giants are bugged. Aparently they have hidden nationality hardcoded in their unit properties, in addition to having the promotion. removing the promotion, therefore does not actually remove HN. And they still have it, just not visible.

A fix is already done and will probably be in the next patch.

I posted a bit about the citizen spawning in the jotnar balance thread. Generally they get too few citizens to start with, and too many as you go on. needs to be spread more evenly.

The hill giants are bugged. Aparently they have hidden nationality hardcoded in their unit properties, in addition to having the promotion. removing the promotion, therefore does not actually remove HN. And they still have it, just not visible.

I posted a bit about the citizen spawning in the jotnar balance thread. Generally they get too few citizens to start with, and too many as you go on. needs to be spread more evenly.

I just read your posts now - I think your solution will work if it can be implemented, and I definitely agree with you it needs evening out.

Good to hear a fix for the HG issue is on the way :)

They also have "no defensive bonus" hard-coded; I tried to play with it and had no success.

Hi all, does the Jötnar work for Ashes of Erebus?
Is Fall Further preferable in general over Ashes of Erebus and if so why?

I usually get errors when I'm trying to use the Jötnar module on modmods... :\

currently they are disable in Ashes of Erebus, we're gonna get back to make them working (and remotely balanced which is the main issue the various modders have had over the years with them ^^) at some point.
As for whether choosing Fall Further or Ashes of Erebus, it's up to you, but AoE is still in development while Fall Further isn't.

eh... gawd.
Please don't balance them... There's a way to lower the chances that a nation would choose to go on a war\conquest. just lower those and leave the giantkin be. :(

don't worry, "balance" doesn't have to mean something ugly will happen to them. I know there's been serious issues with them, but i haven't played them in a while, so nothing will be decided before we get a good idea of where they're at ^^

Top Bottom