New NESes, ideas, development, etc

I'm just curious, has anyone thought about an Elder Scrolls NES?

I would definitely play such an NES. But now that you have introduced the idea to my mind, I will hound you until it becomes reality :p

Morrowind map? ES3

Morrowind map? ES3

You'd need all of Tamriel for an effective Elder Scrolls NES. Debatable, however, is how you would make it a real NES, since the Empire controls most of the known world and has subjugated most of its inhabitants.

Unless it were to be an RPG NES...

@Luckymoose: Me too but I still haven't gotten a map for it yet...

@Everyone else: I was thinking it'd take place before the formation of the empire, players would play as either the different provinces (wouldn't be provinces now I supposed) or they could start up their own guilds with their own agendas, for example the Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, maybe something a bit more evil like a Slaver's Guild (Dunmer guild that captures Argonians and Khajit?), maybe your own Dunmer great house, or a guild that wants to take over a certain faction. I think the possibilities for guilds would be the most interesting aspect.

@Luckymoose: Me too but I still haven't gotten a map for it yet...

@Everyone else: I was thinking it'd take place before the formation of the empire, players would play as either the different provinces (wouldn't be provinces now I supposed) or they could start up their own guilds with their own agendas, for example the Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, maybe something a bit more evil like a Slaver's Guild (Dunmer guild that captures Argonians and Khajit?), maybe your own Dunmer great house, or a guild that wants to take over a certain faction. I think the possibilities for guilds would be the most interesting aspect.

If that is the case, sign me up for the Great House of Redoran. May the Tribunal smile upon us, and give nothing but death and dishonor to our enemies!

Since there seems to be so much fantasy NES speculation, what is it people are most interested in regarding a fantasy NES?

That is, what kind of NES is being sought. Storied NES with set stats and nations, or a "fantasy fresh start", with only races, or something different altogether.

Human, fresh start, cradle, fantasy map.

Human, fresh start, cradle, fantasy map.

Were I to do it, I'd probably follow something similar to that of SekaiNES. Although, no idea where I would get a map.

I've got some ideas and concepts (alot from a story I'm working on) that I think could work well as an NES, but I've never been much of a modder.

I've got some ideas and concepts (alot from a story I'm working on) that I think could work well as an NES, but I've never been much of a modder.

As far as universe style goes, I've been working on creating a fantasy universe for some time, and would probably co-opt some of the features of that with the Dragonlance and Elder Scrolls universes.

Most people MAKE them.. I might be able to find one...

I don't really know how mine would work out.

It has several factions, regions, powers and species; it doesn't really have magic and it is based in a somewhat Industrial-Great War setting.

Major Regions:
-Deluge (Land of the Immortal Rain) [Major City: Yuzhno-Karafuto]
-Arid Sea (A vast desert wasteland, but also has several rivers, oasis and is home to one of the worlds greatest powers) [Major City: Rum)
-Steampunk (A land caught in chaos with several factions; it is a dark land of terror and the people are technological advanced and are known to tamper with their own genetics and biology) [Major City: Tesla]
-Audrey (A vast forest and jungle land, known for its beauty and hardy people)
(Several other unique regions as well) [Major City: Bonnet]

Species:
-Human (Must I explain?)
-Floratiean (A humanoid like plant people who are powerful in the east; they can regenerate lost limbs and survive injuries; they age slowly and live long, are hermaphroditic so they dont really have a patriarchy or matriarchy; ect.)
-Arthropodeta (A diverse species of humanoids that share the characteristics of arthropods [Arachnids, crustaceans, ect.] the females have the upper body of a human and the lower body of whatever they may be [spiders, scorpions, ect.) and this gives them incredible strengths. The males hower appear more human like, appearing more mutated with extra appendages and features, often splitting off at the joints, the males appear more unstable and rabid. Their society is a matriarchy. Arthropodeta's often serve as mercenaries.

All this is very brief, I could try and find the map I was working on though.

Most people MAKE them.. I might be able to find one...

What would you use to make a custom map? The only picture editing software I have is MSPaint, which doesn't seem to work well when creating things from scratch.

If you're gonna make something from scratch, I've always preferred Inkscape to GIMP. IMO...

mspaint is fine if you know how

So, I would probably draw out of four base races, with variants thereof.

Humans
A diverse people, as variant as night and day. Skin tones range from pale white to black, along with eye and hair colors. A young people, in comparison to the presumed age of Elven and Dwarven civilizations, human culture and language draws heavily from Elven roots but has its own variations in most areas. Specific human societies may draw more from Dwarven culture than Elven, but most human languages share roots with those of the Elves.

Elves
Presumably the first people to rise out of barbarism and establish some modicum of civilization, the Elves have fallen in and out of power with the seasons. Their culture forms the base upon which most human societies have built, and their style of language has permeated throughout the world. Elves are generally light in skin tone, with dark hair, although tanner skin tones have been seen in more southerly regions.

Dwarves
The origin and age of Dwarven civilization is heavily debated, but what is known for certain is that the Dwarves have always been a people of the mountains. Dwarven culture is highly clan-integrated, with feudal kingdoms being the dominate form of government in Dwarven civilization. They show also a caste system, which regiments their society. Dwarven language is uncommon outside of the territories of the Dwarven people, although it is a requisite for any trader or engineer.

Halflings
A people similar to that of the humans and Dwarves, Halflings stand at approximately half the average adult human's height, thus their name. They are predominantly isolated, having taken human language and culture upon them and expropriating it for their own purposes. Their culture is dominated by commerce, and trader city-states are common.

Pretty cliché... but I guess that's not as bad as making up uninteresting unique races, for the sake of being unique. Familiarity isn't that bad I guess, but some spin might help, just my two cents.

Top Bottom