Fall Further - The Original Thread

very strange they working for me - well i rehosted images at outside site:

BTW, the Professor unit for the Duval is quite good. One nit noy thing though: the college says it gives 1 GP, but it doesn't say towards what. Sage? Bard?

The GPP is unbiased - it doesn't influence the type (there are a few others that do similar in FfH, but don't think it happens in vanilla).

Basically, if you run just a Sage alongside having the College, you'll be 100% chance of Sage. If you run just an engineer + college, you'll be 100% chance of Engineer. If you don't generate any GPP at all other than the college, I believe you have an equal chance of any GP-type.

Vehem are you doing the villalfar as the third civ? TBH everything the villalfar are is already represented by the ljoslafar. Do we really need a third elf civ?

I don't have a problem adding a 3rd elf civ. :)

Plus if there eventually become more civs then we can bug Vehem to add them. :D

The difference between the Villalfar and the Ljosalfar is like the difference between the Bannor operating under the Order and the Kuriotates operating under the Order. The Villalfar are fanatics of the highest order, to the extent that they don't build cities (if someone makes a "tree" cityset, that is. :p)

A tree cityset is one thing, but then making all new graphics for every building is quite another. Unless you block all new buildings from showing graphically and ruining the cityset.

Buildings being there isn't really a problem, since they could just be built "in clearings", and they would look more like travellers' rests in the middle of the forest.

It's the same issue with underground dwelling civs. How to represent their cities? I think Vehem has enough on his plate atm. ;)

Is there a way to make this mod load up upon opening BTS? I changed the settings to do that with fall from heaven and other mods, but it won't work with this one. It doesn't recognize it and just loads up regular BTS or last time FFH 2.

Just use the shortcut provided with FfH, right click on it, go to properties, shortcuts, and change the target from "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2 030 to "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\whatever the folder for this modmod is called

Updated to 012 - mostly to include Woodelf/Windelay's excellent building art for the new wonders and palaces. Also included are the balance changes discussed earlier in this thread and a fix for a potential CtD.

Version 012 - Artwork added and balance changes
1. Meskwaki - Tech Prereq moved to Arcane Lore. 2nd Tech Prereq at Warfare.
2. Archos Immortals - Made unique, combat strength partially poison damage, first strikes added for additional limbs.
3. Dural Statues - costs rebalanced to better reflect their usefulness and level.
4. Archos Spiderkin - Get their "Subdue Beasts" back.
5. Chislev Early Game - Ancient chants as a starting tech and the Tribal Council receives it's missing beaker.
6. Dural Statues - Building Artwork by Woodelf and Windelay
7. Archos, Dural and Chislev Palaces - Building Artwork by Woodelf and Windelay
8. Fixed CtD caused by building Archos Chosen.

very strange they working for me - well i rehosted images at outside site:

thanks they work now. the first one is very hard to see, but the second one looks ok as a rough sketch. i assume from what youve said you still have a lot planned for it. one thing, is that a club or a staff that he is holding?

Updated to 012 - mostly to include Woodelf/Windelay's excellent building art for the new wonders and palaces. Also included are the balance changes discussed earlier in this thread and a fix for a potential CtD.

Version 012 - Artwork added and balance changes
1. Meskwaki - Tech Prereq moved to Arcane Lore. 2nd Tech Prereq at Warfare.
2. Archos Immortals - Made unique, combat strength partially poison damage, first strikes added for additional limbs.
3. Dural Statues - costs rebalanced to better reflect their usefulness and level.
4. Archos Spiderkin - Get their "Subdue Beasts" back.
5. Chislev Early Game - Ancient chants as a starting tech and the Tribal Council receives it's missing beaker.
6. Dural Statues - Building Artwork by Woodelf and Windelay
7. Archos, Dural and Chislev Palaces - Building Artwork by Woodelf and Windelay
8. Fixed CtD caused by building Archos Chosen.

Thanks for the update, Vehem.

Well, I made it to turn 850 in my Dural game, and, unfortunately, I'm going to have to give it up.

I continue to get those CTDs, about every 7-8 turns, especially when I go back and re-load a game. Of course, when I am kicked out, then load the same game, all seems fine for some turns. It really reminds me of the same problem with the MaceMan/Champion code in FFH2

Also, the lack of any units (except Arthendain) who could Cure Disease made going out and taking combat to the enemy very frustrating. I did have Acqua Succellus, but it made no sense to keep sending units all the way back to be cured. Arthendain worked for one of my armies, but before long the other was completely diseased. I was fighting Svartalfar, Amurites, and the Clan who all had AV and plenty of Diseased Corpses. Those buggers were spreading disease I would say 75% of the time when I kill 'em.

It was a very interesting game, though, and, once the Cure Disease/Medic II gets improved and Karlson gets beefed up a bit, they will be one of my favorite civs.

I didn't make it that far, but it seems the Duval will not be able to have Inquisitors, High Priests or Luonnatars. Correct?

Hi Vehem and Co

Looks like a lot of thought and effort went into this and I'd love to try it, however had no luck downloading over past few days. Has anybody else had this problem and is file available elsewhere?

Cheers

thanks they work now. the first one is very hard to see, but the second one looks ok as a rough sketch. i assume from what youve said you still have a lot planned for it. one thing, is that a club or a staff that he is holding?

thnx, yeah there is still alot of job to be done,
also he holding club

grr doublepost

Hi Vehem and Co

Looks like a lot of thought and effort went into this and I'd love to try it, however had no luck downloading over past few days. Has anybody else had this problem and is file available elsewhere?

Cheers

Not sure if this file was affected by the database hack-job, but keep trying or wait for Vehem to re-upload. I did get the latest file yesterday, but Thunderfall had to used an archived database so stuff from yesterday might be gone.

Top Bottom