Jotnar - Giant Civ for Fall from Heaven. Download Here.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'm looking foward to getting to try the updated version and I'll keep my eye on this tread.

I have run into a problem, where text about my units are huge and might cause game crash. Have anyone seen this, and do you know how to fix it?

Attachments

• bigtexterror.JPG
    bigtexterror.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 164
I have run into a problem, where text about my units are huge and might cause game crash. Have anyone seen this, and do you know how to fix it?

Have you edited MainInterface.py at all? There are a few places in there that set fonts for various areas of the screen and if those are changed it could cause something like this - though I think of a reason that those parts of the code would have been changed off the top of my head.

Have you edited MainInterface.py at all? There are a few places in there that set fonts for various areas of the screen and if those are changed it could cause something like this - though I think of a reason that those parts of the code would have been changed off the top of my head.

No. Not at all. This is -only- XML edits in a modular mod. Could it be the fact that it is a modular mod?

Ok, I changed it into a non-modular mod and updated it to the latest version. The problem dissapeared.

PHEW

However one wonders why those that sits around editing the XML schemes can't make new settings optional with a default value so things become a little more backwards compatible. Great stuff, that non-withstanding. For example I might consider an optional Evil Jotnar leader.

Ok, I changed it into a non-modular mod and updated it to the latest version. The problem dissapeared.

Wow - It's amazing, the bizarre stuff that'll crop up. I had no idea what might have been causing that.

Wait - you mean it's now going to work with the newest Fall Further or have I misunderstood this post?

Your text file was probably the culprit. If you didn't close out a color change with [COLOR_REVERT] you can cause all kinds of strange things to happen with your fonts. Other strange tendancies can crop up, but that one tends to be my own personal most frequent issue.

Though unless you corrected that issue when going non-modular I cannot imagine how it was solved :)

I am rather sick right now so any oddities can slip in because of me being to warm, too cold or too snifflish to notice a keyboard error. ;)

Right now I suffer from the problem that code that to me looks identical - doesn't work with Fall Further 0.42. My Jotnar Citizens have stopped spawning, even if I retry copy-paste procedure and checked the code with 'all symbols shown'.

I am trying to do this.

I am trying out the Jotnar with Fall Further for the second time. The first attempt was cut short by an evil Barbatos the Lich. I was allowed to change government civics, and I am currently running God King. The Jotnar don't seem to be blocked from using any of the other government civics either, but I'm only on turn 132 and haven't unlocked them all to verify that. The restriction to the Traditions civic doesn't appear to be working. Also, if the Jotnar population suffers from happiness penalties when another player switches to Republic and they can't, well that might be a problem. Perhaps make the Jotnar immune to unhappiness caused by not running the Republic civic when another player is using Republic? You could make that one additional effect of the Traditions civic.

Well, I managed to fail to include a file in the installation of BETA. Resulting in that you can change civics. You have a point with the goverment switching thing.

NOTE TO SELF. Make Jotnar immune to the unhappyness of not having Republic.

Any ideas? ;)

no problem man, take care of yourself, health is more important than pretty much everything else. the Jotnar can wait a couple days I guess ;)

I was planning on letting the Jotnar Civilization raise/lower mountains/hills - with what units do you feel that such feats would be appropriate?

My original thought:

Raise/Lower Hills: Egrass, Elder Giants (Age 100+) and 4-Tier giantkin units.
Raise/Lower Mountains: Ancient Giants (Age 200+) and 4-Tier giantkin units.

Perhaps tied to a promotion they have to pay for, and perhaps requiring *** or something.

Of course with bCauseWar - so they can't want into an enemy territory and raising mountains all over the place during peacetime.

AWESOME ability! I don't know who should have it (well, workers come to mind of course) but I really really really like this idea, looking forward to it. raising/lowering mountains was one of the coolest things in Age of Wonders :D

I was planning on letting the Jotnar Civilization raise/lower mountains/hills - with what units do you feel that such feats would be appropriate?

My original thought:

Raise/Lower Hills: Egrass, Elder Giants (Age 100+) and 4-Tier giantkin units.
Raise/Lower Mountains: Ancient Giants (Age 200+) and 4-Tier giantkin units.

Perhaps tied to a promotion they have to pay for, and perhaps requiring *** or something.

Of course with bCauseWar - so they can't want into an enemy territory and raising mountains all over the place during peacetime.

[to_xp]Gekko;7275412 said:
AWESOME ability! I don't know who should have it (well, workers come to mind of course) but I really really really like this idea, looking forward to it. raising/lowering mountains was one of the coolest things in Age of Wonders :D

I'd have to go the other way - not so keen on the idea. So far as I know there's not really a deep thematic reason for it (giants being master of earth magic or devotees of Kilmorph) and mechanically there are a number of problems that it causes, but more so the mountains than the hills.

The hills would need to destroy all improvements on the tile (so as to not allow farms to be elevated onto a hill or similar) and there would probably need to be a small casting delay on it.

The mountains I can't think of a safe fix for - seems overpowered or dangerous (in the hands of the AI) to allow a unit to cut off all access to an area.

Top Bottom