Fall Further on Hiatus

YEAAAAH! Welcome back.

Now I don't know whether to be happy or sad...

Ugh, so confused.

I can totally understand, Vehem. When life gets stressful sometimes you have to compartmentalize to get through it. And something I know all too well is that people whom you only really communicate with online are the easiest to shut out when you need to. Hope everything gets better for you. :)

Also, since I probably don't thank you all enough for the hard work, thank you.

Oh, and question. Will patch C break saves? There's no mention of it but the changlog looks like it will.

^^^^^^^^^
Entertainment!

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Esruc Uoy

I started to read this thread, and I was disappointed. Now I'm happy again.

You guys have done some great work here, and I hope you keep it up.

I'm not sure why you guys have problems with ranged attacks in multiplayer. I almost always play FFH with my girlfriend in a 2 player team, and her favorite civ is the Ljosfalter. She uses ranged attacks alot, and we haven't had an OOS since... sometime in .50 i believe (edit: maybe earlier). (Orbis however is a whole different story, can't even play that due to OOS's and crashes).

-Colin

It's got way more to do with the AIs using them. Players can use em all day long.

Well, since you wern't abducted by aliens, goverment agents or any worlds* based on games, I can say I am quit accepting of a hiatus, if only because some of the feelings of others were begining to creep into my mind-that stuff was just getting thrown i for no reason. Oh, yeah, and Real Life important, what ever it is;).
Still, I've been with you since just after the lizardmen were added, and I'm not gona quit now;).

*see, Erfworld

It will smash your saves into a thousand tiny pieces, grind them into dust, burn the dust, bury the ashes, and then dance on it's grave.

That seems a bit excessive. I think they might have given you TOO much power, Warkirby. It may be well deserved but I will not have you smashing my saved games willy nilly. Willy, maybe. Nilly, perhaps. But even I have limits.

A simple "this patch will break saved games" will have sufficed, but would not have been as entertaining.

Also, this might be the best time to mention that my most recent project finished and I'm going to soon find myself workless again. I don't know yet what I'll be filling my time with but apart from my true love that is Java, Python is a close second. And although it's been perhaps ten years since I've programmed in C++ earnestly, I had sorta wanted to get back into it. At least so I can shut the yaps of my jedi friends who question my chops. I've been managing too long, I will admit.

C is the one where you move the turtle around, right?

C is the one where you move the turtle around, right?

Nope, that's D. In C you only get a snail. Don't get ahead of yourself, man.

Think we're actually going to start with "everything" and work from there...

BURN THE WITCH!!!! ;)

good thing your back, I was worried you died or something, in Orbis we say "Less is More"
start adding a piece to FF optimize it then add the next thing

If a hiatus means that there will be bug fixing and work on the AI foremost, than I actually approve. :)

One urgent thing, at least imo because it annoys me to no end, is the AI's tech trading. They always want at least double the beaker's worth for one tech. In my current game I ended up tech leader quit early (Lanun, so naturally) and since then the AI is not even in a position to make a demand like me giving them 1-2 useful techs worth like 2500 beakers (epic speed) for a sucky horseback riding worth 900 beakers.
Yet they do and they always do. That totally breaks the tech trading which I actually enjoy. I miss the way they did it at Civ2, where the AI would do hilarious demands and you could break them down to a fair deal. Here I'm like "look you don't even have cartography, so give me horseback riding for code of laws and that's a GOOD deal for you" and the AI just refuses.

One thing I'd like to see more than some additional features. :/

So should we start some sort of Game re think tread, with a format of sorts.
Week one everyone play a game with this civ and make comments
Week two the next....

Or would that be like making sausage

I believe that for the time being most of the discussion and decisions will be kept internal for the team, but comments/criticism at this point would probably be well timed, so threads picking apart individual civs or other aspects of the game and stating what does work and what doesn't would probably do well. The team will quite likely avoid commenting in them at all, but would certainly keep an eye on any which spark constructive discussion.

Top Bottom