Can I run normal Conquests/PTW if I have Civ3 Complete?

Aladar

Chieftain
I can run 'nilla Civ3, but I want to run normal Conquests... Complete runs slowish on my computer.

Slowish how? What are your map settings? What are your system specs?

Are you asking if you go out and buy C3C (which comes with PTW) can you install it over Complete?

It runs slowish as in it takes a minute for menu clicks to respond. My system is crap and I don't want to check the specs right now.

As for what I mean, I meant, can I run normal Conquests with Complete installed? Like, I install Complete, and go into C:\Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests. Can I run Normal Conquests and not just Complete(It lets me run normal Civ3 like that)?

I dunno. I guess so. Have you tried it? With the C3C disc in?

As for why it takes so long for clicks to respond, it may be a memory issue. Are you trying to run too much on your system? That will slow it down quite a bit, if you're low on memory.

Isn't civ complete and conquests the same game. IIRC civ complete just means you get all the expansions including conquests.

Or did I misunderstand the question.

Theoden

Complete comes with VC3, PTW & Conquests.

I've seen the box with the pretty discs on the inside, but I don't know if they the same as the discs bought seperately.

They're sort of the same as buying them seperately. But if I try to run Conquests with the C3 Complete disk in, it loads 'complete' and it has the title screen of C3 Complete, which runs damned slow.

You can play Vanilla and PTW, just start the corresponding exe-File.

But I doubt that they really run better than "damned slow", they are as demanding (not really that demanding at all in comparison to other games) as Conquests.

So I would try it, but I fear you have another problem and this will be no solution for you.

With Conquests, it takes longer to load, although I do not notice too much because I have a fast machine. So that is why you are having some problems with the loading speed of Conquests.

I doubt that it's the complete version that makes your system slow. I think it would be just as slow if you load the normal C3C.

PS: How does the complete version intro and main menu look?

I never stick around for the intro, but I could take a picture of the title screen. Want me to?

Top Bottom