[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

"All hunters are good for are levelling off animals and filling up cages"

That's what I'm wondering about. Was fooling around in worldbuilder for a test game. And I saw buildings like dwarf cage. Can't figure out though how to build these? Or did I skip over that part somewhere? They're tech specific? Religion specific? Civilisation specific? Leader specific?

Cities need a Carnival in order to show off captured animals. Hunters with Subdue Animal promotions can convert defeated animals to units you can use. Just send the converted animals back to a city with a carnival and they can be caged instantly, same way Shrines are built in holy cities. Only one of each animal can be put on display, giving the city a bonus of 3 culture and 1 happiness. Spiders and anthropoid cages require more advanced techs, but you can put lions, bears, tigers and wolves into cities with the Festival tech.

Civilopedia is your friend :D

Anthropoid cages are available only to the Balseraphs, if I'm not mistaken.

Since installing patch "j" my (single player) game constantly crashes. I never experienced this while on patch "h". I`ve tried a few different civs, leaders, map sizes etc but I can never get more than an hour or so into a game without the PC restarting.
Wondering if it would pay me to go back to "h" but I can`t find the patch on here any more. Is it available and do you think this might solve my problem.
Can`t think of anything else that I`ve changed on the comp since that could cause this. Been too busy trying to get a full game in :cry:

sambucus said:
Since installing patch "j" my (single player) game constantly crashes. I never experienced this while on patch "h". I`ve tried a few different civs, leaders, map sizes etc but I can never get more than an hour or so into a game without the PC restarting.
Wondering if it would pay me to go back to "h" but I can`t find the patch on here any more. Is it available and do you think this might solve my problem.
Can`t think of anything else that I`ve changed on the comp since that could cause this. Been too busy trying to get a full game in :cry:

That is odd, I havent had any other reports of CTD's and its working fine for me. Maybe something got messed up with all of the patches (there certainly has been a ton).

Could you try:

1. deleting your FallfromHeaven2015 directory.
2. redownloading and reinstalling the full mod (FallfromHeaven2015i.exe).
3. redownloading and reinstalling the patch (FfH2015j.exe).

If that doesn't solve your problem see if you can get me a copy of a save game right before it crashes and I will check it out.

Playing latest patch as Malakim/Varn Gosam. He's adaptive. is it possible to change he's traits later on during game

Triremen said:
Playing latest patch as Malakim/Varn Gosam. He's adaptive. is it possible to change he's traits later on during game

Yes, you will occasionally be asked if you want to change your traits. The frequency depends on your game speed.

Ever since I first started with Civ IV, I always played on Noble, never giving it a thought. I have found, though, that I tend to get huge leads almost every time at Noble in FfH2, playing Ljosalfar (Amalenchier), so I decided to move the difficulty level up to Prince.

In the three games I have played since then, I have seen an unexpected difference in combat results. I keep losing units in battles when losing seems extremely unlikely. I am curious as to whether others have seen this, and whether this is the basic game engine, or whether there is something in FfH2 which has been set up this way.

(Please understand, this is not a complaint, just a curiousity.)

TheJopa said:
Anyone saw strange unit behavior when entering enemy ancient forests? I sent my horseman to enter ancient forest of vile ljosafar. He instead moved 1 tile southern, and my axeman, which was in his ex-stack (but who I didn't order to move) gets into ancient forest. Also when large stack enters ancient forest, units sometimes get randomly dispersered. This happens quite often.

I haven't had exactly this happen, but something similar that seemed awful buggy, and was -very- detrimental to my game at the time. I was playing a multiplayer game as the Khazad, and I was at war with the Ljosalfar. My troops occupied a forested hill and were moving into a tile of ancient forest on their way to an enemy city.. Except.. They kept getting bumped back. No treant spawned or anything, but rather my whole army would seem to move into the tile as it should.. But then next turn it would turn out that half my army was actually still in the hill tile, having been bumped back there mysteriously somehow. That kept repeating itself over a good few turns, so I lost oodles of units to the damn elves because they kept picking off the few stragglers who did get where they were supposed to be.

Anyway. It was odd. Dunno if it was something to do with bad latency or what, but highly annoying.

Cheers!

I was the one to found the Ashen Vail, and once i converted all my cities / imps changed to black with a gloomy red light. Very nice. Would it be possible to make the changes a little bit more subtile though ? Or is the radical change intentional ?

The functionality that dictates the changes in city/improvement appearance for different religions is the same that changes them in vanilla Civ when you go into a new Age. Like when you enter the Industrial age, and your cities start to be made of red brick, and in the modern age, you get skyscrapers, and such.

As such, implementing a gradual change would be difficult, but if it's possible to make it spread along with your religion, so the effects, rather than being empire-wide are localized to the vicinity of the religion, that would be awesome.

it be nice if you add in some campaign maps around to see what started the conflict between the races and so forth, but the problem is that we need someone who can make these maps, and do the triggers, and also set in a campaign level blocker to prevent people from proceeding till they beat the other ones.

retro V said:
Calabim and Infernals have a dark gothic theme to them, also. Even the farms have a permanent nocturnal hue. Looks well cool. New touches?

Nope, Chalid designed that back in FfH1 so its been around forever.

darkedone02 said:
oh well... now i know that you have stopped doing mini-updates for now and making 0.16, Which is good.

Yeap, the major problems seem to be fixed so Im off to new features.

Top Bottom