Plans

Eurus

Chieftain
Hi there!

I’m playing civ for a while and I was thinking about making some plans for certain scenarios. So a plan for if anyone attacks me, a plan what to do when I attack etc etc. But also in peacetime. With steps, priorities and tips. Therefore I’m looking for doctrines, strategies etc.

My first question is if you guys have any suggestions?

Here's the best plan you can ever make.

Step one: Analyze situation.
Step two: Adapt to situation.

Seriously, there's no way to make a single solid plan that will work for every possible variation on a given scenario. 'Always refuse an invitation to war' flops if you need the inviter on good terms, 'never betray a friend' can fall to pieces if they have something you need, etc.

Learning basic strategies and how to apply them to situations on the fly is the best way to go. Constructing pre-considered plans and following them when appropriate is begging for disaster.

1) If you attack someone, use a combined arms stack of siege, horses, defense, and melee city attack units (e.g. macemen).

2) If you are attacked by someone, use a combined arms stack of seige, horses, defense, and melee units (e.g. macemen) to defeat their Stack of Death, then proceed to step 1.

3) While not at war, build a large combined arms stack of seige, horses, defense, and melee units (e.g. macemen) to increase your power rating and discourage takeover attempts. When attacked, proceed to step 2.

Top Bottom