A start I messed up badly.

Etheric

Warlord
Anyone want to have a crack at this one?

Rosavelt, Americans, Emperor. I totally messed this one up, so I am curious how someone else would handle it.

There seems to be a trend where I look at the BFC and go wow, then go UGH at the surrounding land.

I will have another crack at it I think, I need to learn from my mistakes.

I am trying to get to grips with a SE, maybe I should go down a level first. I guess I have been relying on financial too much.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35 KB · Views: 282
Ok some map spoilers, and some suggestions of what I did wrong (assuming some kind mod can move this to the Civ 4 part, and maybe I can stop feeling like I am talking to myself :D).
Spoiler :

The map is a continents, and a mostly isolated start. There is one Civ to the NE, who is HC and from reading his traits does not REX at all. So the slow expansion strategy of an isolated start should have been applied. Indeed he had 5 cities at 1AD, when I stopped.

I made a huge mistake in trying to block him off as there was no need whatsoever, which crashed my economy and I never recovered really. I would post one of my laters saves, but it is too embarrasing for words, about the worst game I have played in ages.

So costal cities, hopefully using Ind to make collosus and great lighthouse to keep the economy ticking over and colonize the island. Keep HC's religion and it should be all peace and light on our little island until I kick his head in. The Great Wall would be handy too as I had barb problems as well. No stone though, which might make life a bit more tricky.

Top Bottom