R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

try to extract the mods file using 7zip.

note to myself : I will not use the civ5mod format for next versions, until the extracting problem is fixed.

try to extract the mods file using 7zip.

note to myself : I will not use the civ5mod format for next versions, until the extracting problem is fixed.

idk what to do, this is my first civ 5 mod, i guess u cant do this like civ 4? Whats a data mod?

1942 thread is up in the scenario section :)
Nice, go and test it people, large scale battles :)

idk what to do, this is my first civ 5 mod, i guess u cant do this like civ 4? Whats a data mod?

See first post, you need to download 2 files and extract them using 7zip or another archive manager in your mod folder. Both files are absolutely needed.

The reason for 2 files is that it's really easier for me to upload a small file at each update, and change the big file only when needed to add big data files (artwork, sound, ...), so it allows much more updates available, for example if annoying bugs are found in v.10, a quick fix could be made by re-uploading only the small mod.

Nice, go and test it people, large scale battles :)

See first post, you need to download 2 files and extract them using 7zip or another archive manager in your mod folder. Both files are absolutely needed.

The reason for 2 files is that it's really easier for me to upload a small file at each update, and change the big file only when needed to add big data files (artwork, sound, ...), so it allows much more updates available, for example if annoying bugs are found in v.10, a quick fix could be made by re-uploading only the small mod.

I could only find one file, where is the second one?

Have you installed and activated the data mod ?
I have it in the folder, but when I try to install the mods (Like where you click that button in game and it starts to extract or whatever) I get the issue of it not finishing and freezing up.

As for extracting the files in the mods folder, I have em both in there, but only one of em needed extracting. The data file one doesn't seem to be extractable. Is that right?

EDIT: I tried again and had the same problem. I see the one file in the mod list, but not the data files thing. It needs to do that install in game is why. But it freezes up Civ 5 when it hits 1,852 files extracted.

Hi Gedemon. Vr10 Data 2. As Germany, game crashes as soon as I take over Warsaw. Had same issue with Vr9 taking paris. Can this bug be related by the fact that I attack Poland first turn without waiting for time line to put me in war?

Attachments

• Adolf Hitler - Turn 6 - September 1, 1939.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
I cant even get to the first turn!

I'm sort of getting the same thing. When in game at the mods section the extraction gets to like 1,800 something then it freezes up. When I try to play the game I get lots of errors and such. So, I tried deleting my cache and the files and reinstalling them. Again though the extraction got stuck at luck 1,800 then froze up.

I had the same problem...

Put the 2 xxx.civ5mod files in your "my documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civ 5/MODS" folder.

Then extract the xxx.civ5mod files with winrar (just google and download it if you don't have it) instead of using the ingame installer.

Now go to the mod screen again, don't click the install button if its there just activate the 2 named "RED" something... now have fun playing the best civ 5 mod :D

I have it in the folder, but when I try to install the mods (Like where you click that button in game and it starts to extract or whatever) I get the issue of it not finishing and freezing up.

As for extracting the files in the mods folder, I have em both in there, but only one of em needed extracting. The data file one doesn't seem to be extractable. Is that right?

EDIT: I tried again and had the same problem. I see the one file in the mod list, but not the data files thing. It needs to do that install in game is why. But it freezes up Civ 5 when it hits 1,852 files extracted.

After download change the file name. Where it currently says Civ5mod, replace that with either zip, 7zp or rar depending on what flavor of compression tool you have.
I use winrar, so I have the option to right click the file (after making the change above) and then telling it to unzip/unrar/un7zp it to a folder of the same name as the file.
I founding using the install mod feature of CivV would not handle the large data mod, so manual unzip is required. The civ5mod file is just a zipped/rared/zip7ed file so changing the extension will do no harm.

Make sure you extract all the file in the proper mods folder, otherwise when you start Civ the mod will not be there.

Let me know if you need pictures of the steps and more details.

I had the same problem...

Put the 2 xxx.civ5mod files in your "my documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civ 5/MODS" folder.

Then extract the xxx.civ5mod files with winrar (just google and download it if you don't have it) instead of using the ingame installer.

Now go to the mod screen again, don't click the install button if its there just activate the 2 named "RED" something... now have fun playing the best civ 5 mod :D

After download change the file name. Where it currently says Civ5mod, replace that with either zip, 7zp or rar depending on what flavor of compression tool you have.
I use winrar, so I have the option to right click the file (after making the change above) and then telling it to unzip/unrar/un7zp it to a folder of the same name as the file.
I founding using the install mod feature of CivV would not handle the large data mod, so manual unzip is required. The civ5mod file is just a zipped/rared/zip7ed file so changing the extension will do no harm.

Make sure you extract all the file in the proper mods folder, otherwise when you start Civ the mod will not be there.

Let me know if you need pictures of the steps and more details.
Thanks for the replies guys.:)

Changing the data file to a rar file then extracting it worked.:) I wonder why it didn't automatically become a rar file though. It started out as a file that didn't look like it had to be extracted and in fact I saw no options for extraction until I changed it.

Hi Gedemon. Vr10 Data 2. As Germany, game crashes as soon as I take over Warsaw. Had same issue with Vr9 taking paris. Can this bug be related by the fact that I attack Poland first turn without waiting for time line to put me in war?

I'm facing a similar issue. I'm attacking Warsaw, but haven't captured it yet. When I end my turn, all leaders contact me and game crashes soon after.

I will turn on logging and see what the error is.

Attachments

• Database.zip
    881 bytes · Views: 58
  • Lua.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 41
awesome mod gedemon!! the v.10 version is much more improved than v.8 but there is alot of things missing and i know the mod is far from done but i want to put my ideas out there, and if they had been repeated before..MY BAD..
1. you should include artillery in the first stages of the war, also include the mobile artillery, their bonuses should be effective in open field/forest and not cities.
2. put anti tank guns/ and mobile tank destroyers in the game, they should have bonuses against tanks and be weak against infantry
3.assault guns should be included in the mod, they could be effective against cities and fortified positions, like the bison and the bummbard.weak against tanks and infantry.
4. AA guns would be nice as well as mobile so they can keep up with the tanks. also AA guns should be effective against infantry. this include light tanks as well since the light tanks were created to support the infantry not the other way around.
5.paratroopers and special forces nuff said...but i notice there some foreign legion not taken territory, so there meant for sabotage and disruption, like destroying a tile but in this version they don't do ..
6. need engineers so they can repair tiles and built forts.
7. you should include a system where multiple units can be in one tile, that could help with the congestion and traffic in the map, lastly wheres that magino line(sorry for the spelling) it was very important during the battle of France..
thanks for your time and hopefully you can take some of the ideas, and again I'm sorry if i repeated some of the ideas already..

Oh finally the new version \o/

I gave it a try as germany(on deity) and what I first notice is that you might have made the german navy too strong compared to the british one. I had no problem controlling the channel and surrounding London with my troops. Then there was some bug with attacking the city though (probably something with supply lines cut, but I don't seem them cut?).

I made a screenshot of the situation:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/londont.jpg/

Oh finally the new version \o/

I gave it a try as germany(on deity) and what I first notice is that you might have made the german navy too strong compared to the british one. I had no problem controlling the channel and surrounding London with my troops. Then there was some bug with attacking the city though (probably something with supply lines cut, but I don't seem them cut?).

I made a screenshot of the situation:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/londont.jpg/

Actually, the suply lines are cut. You can see the red triangle over your units beside the promotion markers which means that their supply lines are cut and they receive combat penalties. Why it doesn't show up in the estimation of the battle, I don't know.

I can confirm game crashes to desktop (CTD) when warsaw is captured. Looks like the land get partitioned correctly but then the game crashes right after the UI is updated with the new city owners and territory changes.

No problems with capture of Paris, which the AI, Germany, managed by June 1940 on Deity. I did help again (as Italy) and some territory that should have gone to Germany went to Vichy instead.

Seems fast bombers are the way to go now, given the only penalty is vs subs and everything else is a bonus, even avoiding interception. The 2 less range then medium bombers is no big deal. Maybe remove the bonus vs City for those fast bombers and put it on the Medium (slow) bombers instead.

The AI never uses the air sweep mission, so as a result bombers are now getting cut up by interception. The improved interception is welcome, but we might need to find away for the AI to clear interceptors with air sweeps. Given each fighter can only do one air sweep vs two interceptions, it will take a bigger air force to remove enough interceptors to prevent bomber interception.

Naval combat is improved with the smaller cruiser units and varied abilities of them. Although I could sink some French destroyers and a cruiser, my fleet took a pounding and some of my ships ended up in port for 6+ months and were still not totally repaired. Very realistic this long repair process.

At first I did not like no experience from bombing cities with naval units, but at this point I would say it is a welcome change, otherwise you will have buffed ships in no time as you got more experience for every city hit then for hitting ships or land units.

Ok I reloaded a auto save with the intention to figure out the Warsaw crash. Instead Warsaw fell before Paris and no crash, so I really have no idea why it would have crashed.

Top Bottom