Celts player

Ortega

Chieftain
hi you all, i am wondering how many Celts players are there?
personaly i really like playing the celts with this strategy:

i am playing Immortal-desertstorm-10Civs+22CS, i allways go for a dominantion victory altough all other VC are possible as well.

my strategy is as follows:
found capital near forest -> get first pantheon in turn 10-12.
Choose Desert folklore (playing in Desertstorm).
open liberty tree build 5-9 cities depanding how much happiness i have
be the first religion founder ->cermonial burial & Pagadas + Mosques & relgious text to maximiza happiness.
reasech the following path: mining->Archery->wheel->mathematics->currency
once currency avilable build Petra in my capital (usually i get it but not in every game)

Once liberty completed complete Machupichu with GE.

My civ is a faith mass producer - can buy pagodas every4-5 turns. this allows me to build a bigger Civ with more cities. This tranlates later to units mass production and the way domination victory is clear.

Any thoughts?

The Celts don't have a larger faith generation potential than any other civ. And any civ going wide on Desert Faith will run the same numbers.

The Celts only save you the wasted games when you lose out on snagging Desert Faith. Indonesia and Siam are civs that actually generate significantly more faith on equal terrain.

I do love the Celts (happiness and fast-pillage upgrade lancers) but putting them on a desert kind of just makes the game about Desert Faith.

Celts dont generate more faith then other civs in desert maps, however playing the celts allows yous to grab desert folklore and pagodas first.
usually i dont build shires and temples at all as production is focused on units and other buildings.
Celtic UU is a relative good early game unit, i agree.

dunno wtf map type ur playing that has forrest AND desert. i usualy like to grab godess of the hunt and go to 4- 5 citys asap all next to forrest and camps giveing them +5/+4 food each camp and some nice faith, then i will usualy go do what u do and get the 2 faith buildings and the tourisim ref belief.

altho i do like to get the +science from missionary's and spam the hell out of them

i usually play "SandStorm" which is mostly desert, however there are also orest areas in the map.
i do have somtimes to hit the restart button as not allways i get forest.

Celts are a pretty good civ imo, guaranteed pantheon early is nice, and forest bias is also pretty good, 7/10

If you attempt to make a liberty expansion with the celts and you make 5-7 cities, AIs will most likely attack so make sure that you have the necessary luxuries to keep your military happy and enough military to defend all the cities. As for the celts, pictish warriors can bring early faith by killing off a few nearby barbarian encampments.

Top Bottom