Best CIV's

Morionum

Chieftain
I am going to play agains someone that has played it a lot and is really good,and I am pretty, so I want to know the best civ's, I usually play as babylon which I really like, but I want to play others.'
with all DLC btw

Babylon is great for science victory, but in my opinion, Poland is all around more versatile. Also, Shoshone can be very dangerous in multiplayer.

Well I ALWAYS use Rome. I've only won one game that wasn't using Rome. Their bonus is great for building the same buildings in every city.

Let's see, my personal top 5 list of civs are, in no order:
Korea, Arabia, Austria, Poland, & Mongolia
The only oddish one is Mongolia, but I say that because it is just SO strong with the Keshik+Khan, if you prepare properly and strike quick enough, it's an easy dom victory, my first Immortal game is in progress, & I'm about to win...with Mongolia

Indonesia can easily make +100 fpt with the khandi. Indonesia could be a best civ.

For me it's a close call between the Maya and Poland. The Maya are a powerhouse thanks to a UB and (to a lesser extent) UA, as well as a logical early tech focus (Pottery > Writing > Philosophy/Drama > Theology) that support a strong Science/Faith game. Poland is just incredibly versatile and powerful overall, thanks to their UA.

I'm also quite fond of Morocco, who are probably my favourite monetary/cultural powerhouse. Get a good Petra city and enough desert to expand into, slap down those kasbahs and oh my god.

I would say Poland or Arabia. Poland has absolute versatility while Arabia has both excellent economic benefits and a great UU for either offense or defense.

Carthage. The most OP civ for income, domination and science. But reroll unless u get a great start, which is a river at the coast(so u get harbor) and at least 2 sea resources(crab eg) near u.

With carthage, i almost never get attacked or invaded, even with attila or shaka near me. This is because carthage's immense gold via trading via Sea route = u can buy all the units u need.

On King, 17 civ, continents, my empire usually dominate 1/5 of the land area. I usually just found 4 cities then war my way down the land.

I am going to play agains someone that has played it a lot and is really good,and I am pretty, so I want to know the best civ's, I usually play as babylon which I really like, but I want to play others.'
with all DLC btw

What is your gamestyle and difficulty level ?

Civ is a surprisingly well balanced game for a game that has 22 different civs. In fact, I think balance between civs while maintaining a fun and unique factor for each civ is one of the best parts about the game. So, my advice would be to not worry too much about which civ is the best, but choose a civ you think you will have fun with. If you aren't sure how to use a civ, feel free to ask this forum, and you can get a lot of responses on how to make use of the benefits provided.

If you're playing multiplayer, I might suggest using a civ that can't really be easily crippled. Poland, the Mayans, the Shoshone, or Ethiopia fit that bill, as they all get off their strategies relatively easily no matter what others do.

Top Bottom