Tile Properties Select button - what does it do?

Quintillus

Archiving Civ3 Content
Supporter
I realized tonight that there's a button in Firaxis's editor whose functionality I don't know:

What does that Select... button do, and when is it enabled? Given its placement I would think maybe it lets you select the name from a list, but where would that list come from? So far I haven't been able to find a case of it being enabled, including in the cracked editor.

Civ-specific king unit I understand to mean that in-game, the unit will be replaced by the king unit specified for the civilization that winds up controlling the unit (since the owner in the editor might be Civilization 1, and you don't know which Civ that will be, and thus which unit would be the appropriate king). AI Strategy is limited to the choices for the type of unit that the unit is - Fighter in this case - or Random, if there are at least two choices. But this Select button... it is a mystery to me.

Attachments

• TilePropertiesMysteryButton.PNG
    TilePropertiesMysteryButton.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 238
AnthonyBoscia is right! It turns out it is indeed for leaders, and it uses the list of military leader names on the Civilization tab. I'm glad I asked; I could've been looking for that for a long time.

Hmm, I will need to keep that in mind, given some of the mods that I have been working on. I assume that would hold true for Barbarian Leaders as well?

It doesn't look like it works for barbarian leaders. The starting challenge is that you can't add barbarian leaders in Firaxis's editor (and they can't generate them through victories in combat). But even when I added a few in my editor, while they showed up in the list in Firaxis's editor, the select button remained disabled when I added a barbarian leader to the map.

Thanks...Good to Know.
It would be helpful if the Barbarians could have Leaders.

Hmm, I think that I have a way of getting them some, but need to do some testing first. It is based on the term "Leader" and "Army" being hard-coded with limitations, while if you use a different unit and term with the standard Leader characteristics enabled, you get around the hard-coded limits.

Top Bottom