Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
'83 here. I remember playing Civ I in early elementary school with all the cheats- I had no idea how anything in the game worked, I just liked buying all the buildings/wonders/units...

Over the years I still pull it out occasionally for nostalgia (it's a lot more fun to play when you know what things do and you don't cheat).

1972. Started with Civ II in '97. Then SMAC. Lots and lots of SMAC. Big gap till I picked up Civ4 for £5 in a supermarket.

Impressed with the 11 CFCers born in the 30s though. Respect.

1960 here, remember being 31yrs old and playing CIV on amiga, loading the 4 discs, the sheer joy of creating a civilization, the long wait for the loading screen to end.
Now almost 54yrs old- civ B.E on a laptop and still the long wait for the loading screen, and now I can create a civ on a new world.

A new line should be added on the poll - for the 2010-2019's

Being 5 years old isn't any reason to not enjoy civ, my 9 yo brother likes to watch me playing BE :p

Six more days, and I would have jumped to the next decade...Added one for the older guy, I guess:)

Born after the a revolution in '90,that makes me 25 years old. Played civ since civ3(~14 years old), and I was a long time lurker on civfanatics, the account is rather new.

Really surprised to see there are folks born in the '30s playing Civ! That's awesome :)

EDIT: I'm three days younger than the original Civ :eek: That means I've literally never lived in a world without the civilization series.

I've been on this site since late 2005, and this is the first time I spotted this poll? :wow:
It moves around from subforum to subforum and can lie deeply buried and dormant for months until it is found and rejuvenated.

Really surprised to see there are folks born in the '30s playing Civ! That's awesome :)
When Civ 1 came out, it attracted an aging group of strategy board gamers who were old enough and rich enough to jump right into PC gaming during the eighties. Civ 1 was a huge hit with many of them. Those that stuck with it came here when Civ 3 came out.

There's actually a really good likelyhood that a chunk of the people that voted 10 years ago on this thread that were born in the 30's & 40's may no longer be with us.

Spoiler :

It is time to move this thread to civ 6!

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ 6 General Discussions

Born in '79. I started with Civ 2, the original Colonization, and SMAC. What really got me into PC 4x games though was Master of Magic.

1980-1989

Edit: geeze, just realised this thread is 12 years old.

Same here.

I just realised I already voted here. I can't even remember when :lol:

Top Bottom