PBEM Minor League (2010)

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
INTRODUCTION
This PBEM is based on a year to date MOD (Earth 2010) that is based on current reality (or almost) with Nuclear weapons and everything. It is a Minor League PBEM because humans can't play with the big guys! (otherwise would be too easy)

GAME SETTINGS
MOD: Earth 2010 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=395539)
- Speed: Marathon
- Human difficulty: Prince
- No city flipping from culture
- Raging Barbarians
- No Tech Trading
- Require complete kills
- No vassal states
- Limited number of Nuclear Weapons in the beginning of the game
- Start date: 2010

HUMAN PLAYERS
04. UK: Tigranes

10. Brazil: WINNER - retired from the game
12. Japan: Kiwitt
15. S. Africa: Nighthawk
17. Australia: Hercules

VICTORY CONDITIONS
Within the game
- Conquest
- Domination
- Diplomatic
- Cultural
Out of the game
- Economical victory: who reaches a treasury of 100 000 wins

HOUSERULES
- The first obligation of all nations is to do their best in order to (try to) survive
- Free diplomacy
- No wars on the first turn
- Humans gifting cities (outside peace terms) should only occur if it makes sense (it can be vetoed by other players)

BONUS
Humans will get the following bonus:
- SDI or Internet
- 1 Great Person at choice (or a General)
- 1 special unit (air or land or sea)

NATIONS OF THE GAME
USA
Arabia
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Canada
China
Colombia
Egypt
England
EU
France
Germany

India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Japan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Korea
Libya
Mali
Mexico
N_Korea
Pakistan
Peru
Russia
South_Africa
Thailand
Turkey
Venezuela
Zaire
Independent Alliance

Definitely interested.

What are the minor leagues civs available?

@Luthor, you've done it again: an interesting scenario.

You might want to try my adaptation to the starting situation -- I put some research to make World more realistic, Brazil does not even have Sao Paulo (largest city in Southern Hemisphere). My adaptation file can be found in the opening post of our other Earth 2010 game (click on my sig)...

Australia could be a very fun Civ to play! As well as North Korea (most units among minor league countries)

Of course I will join this one... especially since I'm about to die in Earth 2010!

I will take... South Africa!

@Hercules, it seems we may have similar taste on what concerns PBEM's! :)

I have updated post #1 with all the 35 nations of the game.

@Nighthawk, happy to see you here! It seems I have taken the opportunity of your distracting holidays to attack you in a few PBEM's!!! Nothing personnal, just coincidence!

@Hercules, it seems we may have similar tastes on what concerns PBEM's! :)

I have updated post #1 with all the 35 nations of the game.

@Nighthawk, happy to see you here! It seems I have taken the opportunity of your distracting holidays to attack you in a few PBEM's!!! Nothing personnal, just coincidence!

I know, I don't take it personal, its just coincidence. I will have my time in the sun don't you worry about that! I'm back and fully ready to make some noise in these games...

European Union by itself is not a major league: nothing really stronger than Australia or Brazil. EU with Germany France and Germany becomes major league though.

If you keep BK's original initial set up (he has no vassal states) EU is just another unplayable civ (alongside with Other nations). If you keep my version, I can free EU from being Germany's vassal.

Keep in mind that in BK's starting situation any war will result in instant nuking from Big players. AI uses all their nukes. In my version I made it so that everybody has SDI.

AI still disbands tons of units the very first turn. I was really waiting for BK to update his last version, he did some changes but he never uploaded newer version. Things going to look lame in AI controlled countries :(

So I am like 50/50 about this. But I would really love a challenge 1 city civs to play if we ban Nukes (I even know know ;))..

1. North Korea, if we play BK's version.
2. If Corporation victory is up I will take South Korea (Samsung)

If we leave everything the way we have it now in BK's version: I will grab India. This way we just need one player to grab a country from Europe: we will have all 5 continents represented!

Spoiler :
The seven-continent model is usually taught in China, India, parts of Western Europe and most English-speaking countries.
The six-continent combined-America model is used in Spanish-speaking countries and in some parts of Eastern Europe including Greece (equivalent 5 inhabited continents model (i.e. excluding Antarctica) still also found in texts).
Using this latter model as a starting point, the International Olympic Committee uses only inhabited continents (excluding Antarctica) and thus a five-continent model as depicted in the Olympic logo.

The version we will be playing will be a twiched version of Tigrane's file. Corporation victory will not be included. I will remove most of the initial nukes but knowing how the AI plays... then you should avoid going to war against countries with Nukes!

AI disbanding units is a problem... I had this problem in other scenarios... but there isn't much we can do about it, is there? But I'm counting on USA and Russia to still be major powers!

Question: Should England, France and Germany be major or minor powers?

@Tigranes - which nation will you have? India?

If it's gonna be my file without initial nukes I will go with the worst guy on everybody's list: North Korea :ninja: One city Challenge feels interesting in PBEM.

UK, France and German by themselves are each weaker than, say Brazil. In our Today game Brazil became the only unaligned AI power with vassals. EU would never vassalize to Germany naturally, I made it so by a brute force :lol:

The working file is almost almost ready. And we do have 4 players so the minimal requirements are fullfilled! :D

And the good news is that there are bonus for playing this game! :woohoo:
So you will have to make choices:
1) SDI or Internet?
2) 1 Great Person at choice (or a General) -> what GP you want?
3) 1 special unit (air or land or sea) -> you want air, sea or land unit?

So make your requests now and take advantage of this great promotion!!! :p

I will go for SDI any time of the year. :nuke:
Lets find one more player in Europe so we have all 5 continents covered! Some of the people who posted in BK's original thread... Surely there is going to be someone who would love to represent Europe!

Question: I'm still taking South Africa, but can someone tell me what the leader traits are for its leader?

I don't have the information here but if you meanwhile play "Today" you can look it up.

Guys, you need to start choosing your bonus... otherwise I will choose for you! :satan:

I will take SDI, Great Spy and land unit...

Luthor, I thought there is only ONE bonus to chose from...

No, there are 3 bonus... you see, I am VERY generous... he he he.

Please state your choices for the other bonuses!

SDI, Great General and Sea unit.

Top Bottom