Welcome New Members

Hey!
I've been a Civ fan since Civ II many years ago. I just got a new computer mainly so that I could run Civ IV, and I've played it on single player once through. I was looking for multiplayer, and I found this site. Will probably need a bit more time to get used to it, though. College starts in a few weeks for me though, so I won't have too much time.

I've been a CIV player since CIVII, although I moved to CIV 3 very shortly after starting. Since then, I've played them all, including Call to Power.

Tomorrow, I turn 56! I started with Avalon Hill games back in the 60s and spent many days playing Strategy and Tactics games (from the magazine). Not only did those games have counters, we had to glue them on cardboard and cut them out. Come to think of it, I really started out as a youngster with rubber army men!

Thanks to all the moderators and posters.

Hi all! I was introduced to civ1 accidently when it I found it installed on an old pc that a neighbour offloaded on me. I've been hooked ever since. I think civ2 was my favourite (I played it almost constantly for a year), purely for the nostalgic feeling I get when I think of it. I love civ4 too.
My top five games ever made are: starquake (spectrum 48k), civilization 2, goldeneye, half-life and pro evolution soccer 5.
Love the site!

This is my first forum so its only fitting that my favorite game has brought me here. I was given an unwanted copy of a game called Alpha Centari and I stayed on the computer until my fingers and wrist cramped. I had never gotten so involed in a stardegy game before. So when I inquired as to how everyone got to Alpha Centuri I was told about CivIII which I played until my nephew begged and pleaded for a copy. I thought that was a good excuse to buy myself CivIV. I loved my experience with all of the games but I didn't realize that part of the changles was getting the game to act right with your hardware. Thanks for all involed for giving us a place to go when Tech Support just says...Huh?

Dobar dan! I am new here. I come from Croatia, and i am a really civmaniac. There is no other game like civilization. i am playing am work and at home.. My first civ was civ2, than civ3, civ4, and today a downloaded warlords. Ok, am going to play.. see you around....

Hello!

This is the first time I've played a Civilization game since Civ 1, way back in 1990 or thereabouts. I actually got Civ 4 bundled with my vidcard and I thought I should get my money's worth. I figured there would be no problem right? I can stop anytime I want, right? Yeah, right. Next thing I know, it's getting bright outside and I'm like, hey wow, is it dawn already?

Ah, that wonderful feeling of Civ crack, there's nothing else like it.

listin guys i was just board one day so i signed up i alwaysed used to ckeack the to see how the civ wold is getting on.So maby i can find more stuff about my gameplay

ps. yes i am desert fox 77

Hello All - I'm a new member but old player. Started with Civ 2. Played Civ 3. Got hung-up on Civ 3 Conquests. I have a tech prob that someone can help me with but I need to search the collective wisdom. I teach Windows in Arlington, Texas to Seniors at the local college but play when I have time off. It should be a new world with Civ IV and I am looking forward to it.

Hello to everyone

I'm new to the forum and to Civ IV (2 weeks & 1 finished game at this time) but I'm much older to Civ since I used to play "the Civ - no version" a lot.

I still have vivid memories of Stalin (finally) taking the city I built on his island (!) 10 years ago so I may qualify, for now, as an ex-fanatic. However, by browsing the forums I think the old good things are still here - with the new ones as a bonus so I expect more fun... while trying to take over the world.

Hello

I've been hooked on civ since civ1...and like many others, have missed out on some things due to that pesky "just one more turn". i found the forums just in time for civ4 and now i spend too much time lurking

Hi everyone!

I started with Civ 3, and now mainly play Conquests, though I do have Civ 4 too. I hope to win Deity at some point, but that point seems very far away right now (just started Monarch). I'm still in high school but hope to study physics at university.

I've been sucked into civ 4 crazy-style lately and I figured I should I reg an account to share my love. Been playing civ since the civ 2 days and it's about the only game I play these days. Love the mods: they make it a new and awesome game every time but, c'mon!, I need a reason to not play it anymore than I already do :hammer2:

My fav mods are sevomod and TAM.

hello all, i am glad to be part of these forums. ive grown up playing civ and love everything to do with it. I am interested in alternate history, WWI and II and also a huge Stargate fan.

Hi i got the Civ III full free of cost from a DVD and got the obsession
Hvever the game stops after one hour... cost for getting the copy free..

i'm a new french player
found this new site is great
fan of helicopter
have all we can found on the net
more than 40 ones

Hey everyone! I'm pretty much brand new here, as well as brand new to the 'civ' series. (I only recently got Civilizations IV) I was addicted to it so fast!!!!!
I'm probably gunna get the expansion to it.

Hi, I Dont Really Play Civilization A lot but recentley when i got civilization 4 i started playing crazily and now i found Out about these forums and decited to post...

Hi. I'm from the UK and I've been playing civ since 1996. A friend made me get it. I was 12 at the time, and he had bought the double command & conquer and civ 2 pack (just £10!) that was around at the time, and told me to get it too. So I did. Loved both games, one of the best buys I ever made.

When Apha Centauri, and then Alien Crossfire came out, I played those rather than civ 2. These were replaced by civ 3. When civ 4 came out, my PC was too ancient to run it, but I got it when I got my new PC in April this year. Didn't like it at first! Took a huge break from it, several months (considering I've almost continuously had a civ game on the go in some form for the last 10 years, a big break!) and came back to civ 4 and immediately loved it. I think the reason I didn't like it at first was that it was too different from civ 3 which obviously I had got very used to. I understand a lot of people had the same problem - but I'm glad I kept hold of it and went back to it again later :)

Been reading these forums for years, a great resource, but never registered until now for some reason. So here I am!

Top Bottom