Is anti-Semitism inevitable?

All fair. I suppose I've got quite a low-resolution view of Church history - to my mind, 'Early Christianity' is (roughly) everything up to about 1054, and you're absolutely right that generalising over such a long period is a dangerous game. With that said, there's a lot of Christian artwork from throughout the Roman period, isn't there? If not statues, I can at least think of several mosaics and sarcophagi with explicitly Christian symbols and stories from reasonably early (3rd century or so) in the Roman period, and I'm fairly sure that they've found Christian ritual objects from the 1st century in Italy.

What sort of proportion of Christians, do you think, would have been attending these daily groups?

All fair. I suppose I've got quite a low-resolution view of Church history - to my mind, 'Early Christianity' is (roughly) everything up to about 1054, and you're absolutely right that generalising over such a long period is a dangerous game. With that said, there's a lot of Christian artwork from throughout the Roman period, isn't there? If not statues, I can at least think of several mosaics and sarcophagi with explicitly Christian symbols and stories from reasonably early (3rd century or so) in the Roman period, and I'm fairly sure that they've found Christian ritual objects from the 1st century in Italy.

Oh yes, they certainly existed, but they're mostly from catacombs and some house churches. I just don't think it's right to think of them as a major medium by which most Christians would have understood their faith, like in the Middle Ages.

What sort of proportion of Christians, do you think, would have been attending these daily groups?

I doubt anyone knows. But I should think it was pretty high. Before the fourth century, most Christians were pretty zealous - more or less by definition, since they were breaking the law simply by being Christians (although the seriousness of that varied considerably from place to place and time to time).

It's certainly inevitable when George Soros helps fund the most hostile elements of both race relations in the United States and the European Muslim "refugee crisis" (invasion).

If a person blames the totality of world Jewry for the actions of one individual Jew, then they were already an anti-Semite.

I won't even comment on the staggeringly poor taste of attributing anti-Semitism to a Holocaust survivor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom