Better BUG AI

Heh, my bad. Yes I only mention the project leaders, knowing fully well they aren't the only ones working on it. The bug credits page will probably list you though, since I didn't change that yet.
Credits page is now on my todo list.

Is it possible to disable events once game starts? The ones destroying my mines and flooding stuff and such?

(That's a general question, not mod specific.)
No, custom game options like "No Random Events" can only be set at the start.
It might be theoretically possible to alter a savegame that way, I wouldn't know how though.

I based it on Better AI and BULL, and neither change the max number of civs, so no(t yet).

But since RevDCM sets it to 50 and this is pretty much the standard, I guess it won't hurt changing it to 50 here too, especially since the change itself is trivial.

OK I see. But there is also the BetterAI 48 civs dll that is released with every BetterAI version. If you did not know maybe that would make things easier.

Looking forward to the process here. This could be my nr1 mod :)

I wish. The svn only cointains the code for 18 civs, and a compiled dll doesn't help me at all.
RevDCM sets MAX_CIV_PLAYERS to 50, however I am pretty sure that this is not enough to actually play with that number of players: There are only 34 civs in BTS, so you can never start a game with more than that. If you start a game with 34 civs, noone will not be able to seperate colonies because a colony has to be a civ that is not and has never been in the game.

Setting MAX_CIV_PLAYERS is easy and I will do that for next release if you want, but unless you add some civilizations on your own the actual limit will be 34.

edit: I also have no idea how the scoreboard will look like on small screens with many civs.

It would be really great! There is only 34 civs but we can have more than 18 and that is very nice!

Thanks for fast replies and great mod!

After fighting nsis for a while, I think I finally managed to produce an installer that will properly install usersettings for Vita/win7 users too. Can't really test that myself though, and since I never heard anything I don't even know if it was broken to begin with, I can merely assume it might have been.

Anyway, I still didn't update the Better AI component, so by now I'm 7 big revisions behind, still I'm putting out one more version before that big update.

Apart from the obvious updates to BULL (new Ignore Harmless Barbarians Option; a few small fixes)
and BUG (huge update: Plot List Draw Method "BUG" is now almost completely functional, Worst Enemy alerts work again, etc),
I also hopefully reduced improvement oscillation a bit (for improvement happiness the difference counts, not absolutes [forest preserve vs lumbermills]; time invested into improvement upgrades is valued a bit higher [hamlet/village/town vs workshop]),
the AI now also knows about additional yield/commerce for religious buildings from AP and state religion wonders (which was added to Better AI too in a revision I didn't merge yet but jdog went a different path for AP),
and your War plans (BetterAI feature to signal vassals that they should be preparing for total war too) are now visible in your target's scoreboard and leaderhead hovers (screenshot #1), you will also see all your war plans if you hover over your own leaderhead (#2), and in debug mode you will see everyone else's war plans too in their hovers.

Better BUG AI 0.90f (2010-03-26) @ mediafire
("0.90f" <- Better BTS AI version is now part of the file name)

edit: 50 Civ replacement dll is now uploaded too

It appears there is something in this mod that breaks the ability to modify iCulturePercent in the Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml file. I am able to adjust some things in that file - gameturninfo changes do properly work. But no matter how I adjust iCulturePercent, it is STUCK. Sigh.

What do you meant by "stuck" exactly?

ok, so it has no effect whatsoever, this XML field is completely ignored. But that is not something this mod or any of it's components did, it's like that it stock BTS too (as far as I can see at least).

No, in No Espionage mode, 1 espionage always equals 1 culture, and when city border pop then is handled by NO_ESPIONAGE_CULTURE_LEVEL_MODIFIER in GlobalDefines, which is set to 100 - which means border popping happens at the same total culture as with espionage on.
<iCulturePercent>300</iCulturePercent> <- that's for Marathon. I have looked again and I am still pretty sure that this value doesn't do anything so this is not this mod's fault.
If you want border popping sooner/later for different speeds, you need to edit the SpeedThresholds in XML\GameInfo\CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

Thanks for the info Fuyu - before I reloaded Civ4 completely from scratch, culture pops on marathon happened twice as fast, and that's where I had changed it, but it appears to be generating elsewhere. Will look at your solution. Thanks!

Top Bottom