[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

I would love to see 2Kgames completely give up on Civ 5, and start developing Civ 6.

* When they do this, they would listen to all the feedback on Civ 5, and engage fans during the development of the game.
* Ideally, they would not rush the game out full of bugs with simplistic game-play.
* If 2Kgames wants to make a simplistic Civ game that is more "accessible" to a wider casual gamer audience, start a new Civ brand, making it clear to people that this is different.
* The lead designer, Jon Shafer, should be tarred and feathered. Or, Civ style, he should be sacrificed to "rush" development assuming the Slavery Civic.

I think the many hardcore Civ fans that previously supported the franchise, buying every previous game and expansion are willing to give 2Kgames another chance.

What about Civ 4 though? I would much rather have them redo civ 4 with new graphics and civ 5 style civics(and religion and corporations are still in) that is compatible with former civ 4 mods(civics would need to be reworked a little of course), sort of like what Bungee is doing with the Halo franchise. Maybe they would also include ranged combat and a unit tile limit(something like 5 combat units per tile max, or 2 worker units per each combat unit that isn't present allowed).

Oh, and there would be plasma. Lots of plasma.:mischief:

Well, I would love to see this ing ame (off top of my head)
Civ 5's Diplomacy Design (Leaderheads, not system)
civ 5's Hex and 1upt (atleast make it an option in-game so people of both sides can be happy)
Civ 5's Policies
Civ 5's Culture System
Civ 4's Happines and Health s ystem
Civ 4's Apostolic Palace and Advanced U.N options system
Civ 4's Espionage and Vassal states
Civ 4's Diplomacy System
Civ 4's Religion System
Civ 3's Era-Specific Graphics (would help with leaderheads for Scenarios big time)
Civ 3's Goverment Types (could have a effect globally)
And Finally FUTURE ERA!

* AI does not evaluate the benefits of buildings when they are tied to specific terrain or resources. For example, it will always take a mint over a market in a city with only one gold\silver in range.

* (not sure if this counts or I missed it on OP) The game looks almost the exact same in every era.

* When a city with a naval unit is razed, the naval unit jumps to the nearest city, even if it is landlocked!

Some of them can be removed, especially map replay which we have now.

If you park a warrior where your Advisers want you to settle (where the little yellow city sign appears if you select a settler), any AI settler which wanted to settle there will just stand next to the spot waiting for you to move. Excellent if you really want a city spot for yourself but you're worried the AI might build one too close for you to settle there.

I think that units with full movement ordered to skip the turn should get the fortification bonus, especially since the AI seems to unfortify them every turn. Also, units in cities should be able to fortify and skip turns like when outside of cities, with the city getting the fortification bonus instead of the unit.

Just a tip for the devs (or modders ;)).

Bug or feature?

After conquering a civilization, I cannot raze any of the cities I annexed from it. :confused:

Bug or feature?

After conquering a civilization, I cannot raze any of the cities I annexed from it. :confused:

That is a feature. You can only raze a city immediately when you conquer it. If you decide to puppet or annex, you cannot raze any longer.

Moderator Action: Given that the OP hasn't been updated in quite a while, and given that the replies in this thread of late have been a bit of a mish-mash that would perhaps fit better elsewhere, we're unstickying this thread now. :)

That is a feature. You can only raze a city immediately when you conquer it. If you decide to puppet or annex, you cannot raze any longer.

I thought you could go to the city view of an annexed city and click the raze city button?

Top Bottom