Religion and SDK...

dano88

Chieftain
So I've reached something of an impasse...

It seems that the SDK has yet to be updated to include any sort of adding faith/pantheons/religions into custom maps/scenarios. I'm the type of obsessive compulsive player that needs everything to work out somewhat... plausibly. For instance: If I'm playing as the Mayans, I don't want to start beside the British and the Chinese. Similarly, I don't want the founding nation of Zoroastrianism to be France. It just bugs me. So I tend to only play on custom maps so that I can control things like start locations and can achieve the level of realism I desire. However it seems at present there's nothing I can do to set in place which religions come about where. I know the difference is nominally cosmetic but this is something that's going to seriously keep me from enjoying this expansion!

Aside from being able to set religions' holy cities through the SDK, a mod that allows the player to choose the name/symbol for every religion as it gets founded might be ideal...

Am I the only person who plays this way or am I just missing something completely? haven't seen any posts about this sort of thing yet at all.

I agree Dano. I love the historical aspect of the CIV franchise. Without true starting locations on an earth map the game is umplayable to me. I wish I had the computer knowledge to update the TSL maps but I don't. I hope the TSL map designers feel the need to update them soon.

It's not even the TSL maps that are the issue for me though. I just want to be able to set religions for civs in the map editor but as far as I can tell you can't...

Same here bro.
I restarted a looooooooooooot of matches where my starting city was a coastal city when it wasn't one in reality (e.g. Paris). :twitch:
Also when I'm playing a certain civ I always make sure my opponents are civs that share a common history with my chosen civ (for ottomans: persia, arabia, russia, germany, greece, britain, etc.)

Although at least i can find myself to be ok with not choosing earth map ^^
Probably that's mostly because you just spawn anywhere anyways so it really doesn't make it more realistic

This is badly needed. I'm the same way - I only play historical, custom maps. I end up disabling religion altogether because I don't want London to start off as Buddhist and and Bejing to start as Christian. Is there any other workaround other than the InGameEditor MOD?

Top Bottom