Zombie scenario idea

Yes..I am Legend.
Will Smith...
and Charlton Heston before him
and Vincent Price before that.

Funny thing is those things were vampires in the book. They even talked to Neville and taunted him. Were they vampires in the Charlton Heston and Vincent Price versions? The Will Smith one shares titles with the book....that's about it.

He calls them vampires in the book, but their shambling gait and hunger for flesh was what inspired later zombie films.

Funny thing is those things were vampires in the book. They even talked to Neville and taunted him. Were they vampires in the Charlton Heston and Vincent Price versions? The Will Smith one shares titles with the book....that's about it.

:cool: I was just answering the gentleman and assisting with his train of thought and adding some trivia is all...

My opinion regarding a leader would be something along the line of "Ben" from the original 1968 Night of the Living Dead movie by George Romero. Or maybe "Rick Grimes" from the walking dead series. The interviewer in World War Z is never named but perhaps a good tip of the hat could be to use "Max Brooks" the writer as the leader. :hatsoff:

What about the Nazi Zombie characters Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen?

I think longswordsmen and knights would be immune to zombies. They are totally covered in chain and plate armor, so they cannot be bitten.

All armor has weak points. And while I am no zombie expert, I would think the zombie could rip off their helmet (or just their entire friggin' head).

Yeah but they have longswords for death killing the zombies

put 50 or 60 zombies on anything and see how long it lasts. Also the tired factor of lifting and swinging that longsword surely would wear them down to the point of exhaustion. just a matter of time zombies win.

Well if you assume there is an infinite number of zombies. But even so, there's no reason to fight them in the open. Anyone with half a brain knows fighting at a choke renders a numerical advantage irrelevant. The men fight in shifts while the other rest.

Consider also that squires/crusaders are excellent defenders and solid counter-attackers in every game, and zombies are the worst tier 2 in every game.

Well if you assume there is an infinite number of zombies. But even so, there's no reason to fight them in the open. Anyone with half a brain knows fighting at a choke renders a numerical advantage irrelevant. The men fight in shifts while the other rest.

Consider also that squires/crusaders are excellent defenders and solid counter-attackers in every game, and zombies are the worst tier 2 in every game.

Given certain particular circumstances I'm sure one could survive even a nuclear device.
:splat:

wow, this exploded a lot since I last checked up, so lets see whats going on here.

The main zombie type I was aiming for was the slow, "WWZ" zombies; slow, and no semblance of brain activity, but can only be killed by destroying the brain, and have literally no limit to their stamina.
The idea of nukes damaging the zombies flying around seems reasonable, until you look at how a nuke works more directly. Whilst the bomb does release a massive amount of power that will undoubted kill anything close enough to ground zero, most the deaths from these weapons are caused by concussions and radiation.... none of which have any affect on zombies.

There was one idea about starting from the ancient age, which was something I was considering, but I decided to stick to a more modern setting (1960-2010) for this (theoretical) idea, as it wouldn't be fair to be behind in the techs for this scenario (also, there might be a tech tree more focused on surivalism, and fighting the undead)

I liked the ideas you guys put up about having to create new cities in colder areas, and then maybe regathering your resources to push back into the infected cities to reclaim your land.

I very excited about this happening. We have been in need of a proper Zombie scenario forever and I like the direction you are choosing! Thank you!

Top Bottom