Domination emotions..

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
Has anyone here ever gone to war against their favorite civilization and/or leaders? For example, I had to go to war against the Mayans, the Celts or the Moroccans and even lost with the Aztecs or lost with the Incas. I mean it is only a game, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation where killing off a civilization and the leader that seemed so well designed almost hurt.

So it's not just me! I've attempted Domination wins a few times before and can never finish them for this exact reason! Particularly if Byzantium or Venice is involved.
Does anyone else find themselves making up stories in their heads about why your empire is attacking a non-"hostile" civ? I always have to tell myself that they have been performing slave raids across our borders or poisoning wells or something.

I never play domination (I just don't find it fun) but when I get DOW'd by a civ I like, I usually stop liking them. But that doesn't mean I won't play as them.

I usually feel bad when I have to turn on my last remaining friend, when theirs is the only capital left to go. I mean, they've been there through thick and thin, supportive of all my atrocities and warmongering. They should see it coming from miles away, but still.

History is written by the winners, not by those who come last or second, or......No one will know of your "atrocities" as you will write the history books. Don't feel guilty about taking your lie-long fiend's capital, the AI wouldn't.

There is no Indonesia, merely the Eastern Aztec territories. They were liberated from their previous idiotic despot who was wasting all national resources on missionaries. The people are better off under me, Montezuma the Great.

Dissenters will be taken to the courthouse.

The AI will back stab you in a heart beat. I always go for the first Civilization the pisses me off, and if by the end I still have a friend they are the last to go. That doesn't happen usually which is why I keep about 1/4 of my army at home. Never know when your best buddy might decide to take advantage of the fact that most of your army is busy elsewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Nah - no problems here. The only reason they did not backstab/attack you first is that they were not in the position.

I never understand how people can have moral issues about taking a city, but killing off dozens of military units and starving out a city in order to get the same city in a peace deal is somehow more acceptable. What's the difference (other than game dynamic)? You are still killing people and taking their land.

I've learned to trust Oda Nobunaga as far as I can throw him, so I do usually go like this when he bursts into tears again. Being kawaii won't save you this time!

It's one of the things I really like about the new CV. With autocracy your best buds are likely to fall under your influence while you pile up tourism from captured works, wonders and landmarks. With Order you can just eliminate anyone not following Order and stay allies with your comrades who have steadily been viewing you more and more as the perfect leader. I don't win full domination as much as I used to. It's predatory CVs more often than not anymore.

As far as personal feelings towards my favorite civs goes, no, I have none. I do have some civs I just love to squash though. "Yeah that's right I'm looking at you, Rammy!!"

Yeah, I feel really bad when I reject my friend in basketball too. It makes me hurt a little bit inside to win. NOT WTF!!??

Maybe you'd start recognising sarcasm if you stopped trolling everybody's threads in a deconstructive manner?

I guess that comes with the side effects of playing civilization 5bnw where killing off your favorite empire possible since in random, you are not always the favorite empire. Is there anyway to rename this thread to "turning against your favorite" people. Just because a civilization is OP, it doesn't make that civilization a favorite.

No emotions. If I decide to go for domination, every encounter via diplomacy screen will be nothing but cold-blooded calculations. But for other VCs I will sometimes try to "resurrect" the civ I liked (usually poor Pedro).

I've been thinking about this too. The nice thing about this is that we can use the AI's warmongering, treacherous ways to our advantage here. I mean that some people like to say that sometimes the Civ AI seems to like war and/or backstabbing just a little too much, but that can actually be a good thing by removing any feelings of guilt we might have about conquering them. :D

Top Bottom