why is this achievement not activating?

Fabio1701

King
I'm trying to get the achievement:
We are Family
Become the dominant Religion in every Capital city on a standard-size or larger map.

In this saved game attached, I am the Celts and I am the dominant religion in every city in the whole world. Those competing religions have had their capitals/holy cities taken over so that I can replace it with my religion, and their new capitals have my religions as well.

It's been two turns now that I have this situation, and still the achievement is not activating. what gives? No civs have been destroyed (at least no by me, so far as I know.)

can anyone take a look at the save and let me know what is going on?

standard map, BNW, no mods.

Attachments

• Boudicca_0340 AD-1920.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Bug. I don't think the We are family achievement has EVER worked correctly. I got it randomly when playing Hotseat on the first 50 turns before even a religion has been founded xD

a bug?! wtf!! how can this not be fixed after so long?

Thank you for taking the time to look. It did take a while and was actually fun doing a pure religion game. pretty easy stuff on archipelago. the key was chosing +2 religion for every city with your religion, and spamming the CS. In no time it became exponential missionary growth and +200 religion per turn.

so if this is a bug... I kind of don't feel like playing anything anymore.

Go to the achievement thread and download the game file that will give you this achievement. I did... I don't look at it as cheating because, like you, I have had a number of games in which my religion was dominant in every city and I couldn't get the achievement because it's bugged. I loaded the achievement file and voila, I got the achievement that I had already earned.

Go to the achievement thread and download the game file that will give you this achievement. I did... I don't look at it as cheating because, like you, I have had a number of games in which my religion was dominant in every city and I couldn't get the achievement because it's bugged. I loaded the achievement file and voila, I got the achievement that I had already earned.

For this one, you need the version for hot seat; the one intended for single player doesn't work because of the bug.

So there's still bugs that weren't fixed. Why not try to earn the other achievement first. You can always skip the difficult ones.

Yeah, I'll move on to some other achievement I guess, but now that I know I can just download a savegame... Kinda makes the achievements useless as a competitive measure on Steam.

Top Bottom