[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HermanHeydt:

Could you please upload the current SVN revision to your server ?
It will be Release 2.4 then.

@Schmiddie and Partners:

I could not do any Autoplays or longer games with current release.
But most of the changes were not very complicated so I don't expect any problems.

As I already said, I do consider Release 2.4 as our final release.
Meaning that somewhere in the near future I will delete the current SVN space.

@HermanHeydt:

Please let us know, if you could upload current SVN revision to your server somewhere in the near future.
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Edit:
Oh I see, you haven't been in the forum last week.
Hope you will read this soon. :)

Yup, have been absent.

Give me an hour and I will have it done.
Will drop a message the minute it has been uploaded :)

Great work again guys!
Can't wait to start a new game - weekend seems to be determined now :goodjob:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I am going to check the download and then write announcements (with a small change log) in the forums.
Of course giving credits to Barthoze and all others who contributed in this release.

Release 2.4 is available for download.
(for change log see here)

Spoiler :

Release 2.4 may be considered our final release.
The base mod project RaR has now ended.

We do wish all players a lot of fun with the mod.
And of course we hope that other modders might use RaR as a base for a new big modding project.

Thanks again to everybody who participated or supported in the creation of RaR. :)

Hi Folks,

our SVN will be deleted soon.

That's finally the end of modding the base mod RaR.

Thank you all for the great work.

I would like to thank especially ray for his great support and work over the last years. It was a great teamwork.

Maybe we will start modding sometime in the future...

Kind regards

Schmiddie

It would be kind of dispapointing if the last released version had a major blocking bug in it...
I fully agree. However there seems to be a shortage of modders. I made RaRE to carry on from where RaR ended.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=532713&page=3
However so far despite a decent interest from forum users, nobody has requested access. I have enough tasks for M:C to keep me busy and will not take up doing anything serious about RaRE if nobody else intend to do anything at all.

That is very easy!

The core team of RaR has modded several years and we have put in a lot of time and efforts. We are happy with the result and that now this era comes to an end with a bug free and stable version. Neither ray nor me is currently interested in modding RaR..as we said several times...we are tired in modding CivCol - that's it.

Regards

Schmiddie

Everything works fine. I started a testgame and was able to declare Independence! So...we can finally finish modding RaR with a good feeling...;):)

Thx for checking and thanks again to the modding-team of RaR for giving the community lots of enjoyable hours with Civ4Col. :)

Thank you Ray, Schmiddie and the team for the likely final releae of RaR. :crazyeye:

You have dedicated an incredible amount of time and passion in modding CivCol and the result is a truly Milestone!
:clap: :bowdown: :worship: :D

Our download for Release 2.4 has been updated with 2 fixes for issues I had found.
(One issue is related to a few broken Python events and the other one to placement/validness of Bonus Resources.)

@HermanHeydt:

Thanks for your efforts. :thumbsup:
(I also tested the download and everything is fine.)

@Community:

Everybody who already downloaded Release 2.4 before those fixes can get the fixes separatly here and here.
(Just replace the corrected files as described in the posts.)

The fix for placement/validness of Bonus Resources will require a new game to be started though in order to take effect.

Thank you very very much guys!
You rocked all this time. RaR extremely improved the game.

See you!

Thanks for all of the time and effort all of you put into this over the years!

Hi all,

In case anyone is still doing any fix release - here is the fix for import/export dialog setting amount of given good to keep to requested&00FF rather that to what was requested. 255 is simply not enough later in game, so I decided to pinpoint that, but I'm stuck anyway. I can find no git to push it to and no recent info how to proceed with dll recompilation either. Anyone who knows what to do with that - you are welcome.

BTW - RAR is awesome. I gave original game one pass when it was released with conclusion that one is broken by design. RAR translated that to highly playable pleasure that I keep exploiting for years.

Regards,

diff -u DLL_Sources/CvDLLButtonPopup.cpp.orig DLL_Sources/CvDLLButtonPopup.cpp
--- DLL_Sources/CvDLLButtonPopup.cpp.orig 2015-05-31 22:25:52.055729899 +0100
+++ DLL_Sources/CvDLLButtonPopup.cpp 2015-05-31 22:30:56.904837084 +0100
@@ -831,7 +831,7 @@
bool bImportsLimitChanged = iMaxLevel != pCity->getImportsLimit(eYield);

int iBuffer = (iMaxLevel << 16);
- iBuffer |= iLevel & 0xFF;
+ iBuffer |= iLevel & 0xFFFF;
iLevel = iBuffer;

if (bImport != pCity->isImport(eYield) || bExport != pCity->isExport(eYield) || bMaintainImport != pCity->getImportsMaintain(eYield) || iLevel != pCity->getMaintainLevel(eYield)

In case anyone is still doing any fix release
RaR development is dead. However I started RaRE (Religion and Revolution Extended) to apply updates like this one as well as features I would like to add that we couldn't agree on, such as a switch between 1 and 2 plot city radius.

The fix for this bug is only half a fix. It also has to use 0xFFFF in CvCity::doTask() when it splits the int back into the two numbers. I will add this fix to RaRE soon.

You appear to know C++ and is interested in a bugfree RaR(E). If you are interested in modding anything for Colonization, do tell and we can work something out. That goes for any active colo mod, not just RaRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom