MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

With EVO gone its been sort of nice because now all the Civ3ers are on the same page now. Wyrm included.

I have to say about your mod that you have alot of units, but not enough techs to cover them lol, unless that was an intentional design decision of coarse. I like the era tech tree backgrounds.

I have to say about your mod that you have alot of units, but not enough techs to cover them lol, unless that was an intentional design decision of coarse. I like the era tech tree backgrounds.

I think you'll find the techs cover the number of units just fine ;)

You'll have to play it to discover what I've done.

I have, once again, attempted to resolve bittorrent tracker problems. If you have been trying to download this, please try again. Let me know if you have any problems.

:bump: Wow this almost fell off the edge of the screen again. We have to be more careful with this mod. Its to good to let slide into obscurity.

Mybe now others will see this thread instead of bumping oldy but classy, PtW version of Balancer.

Quite a coincidence - I was just playing this one this afternoon. Like the Montanas.

For those who don't have Conquests, I have also made a mod which, in many ways, is the precursor to Balancer Reloaded. It's just called Kingpin's mod and can also be downloaded via Azureus from my website.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned beings I just scanned quickly through the thread.... I was playing the version downloaded from the first post (1.03) and this error happened for missing Kensei/swordsmen.wave file then it shut down.

Do I just need to get the patch for 1.04 or am I going to have to re-download the whole whopping thing again? (I hope not.)

Has this error happened to anyone else?

...EDITED A screw it, I though I could explain it but Im not sure anymore lets wait for Kingpin after all, it is his area of expertise :)

I cound't find any wave files looking in the Unit folder for 'Kensei' but Ive never had a problem and I play it more then any mod. Actually, a while back when I first played Balancer Reloaded I was missing another type of japanese unit now that I think about it....
I was told to to copy and paste the 'Extras' units from PtW beacuse some were included in Balancer Reloaded. All the the Japanese units and the WW2 units are the ones from 'Extras" I was told to copy into Balancer's 'units' collection

You may get them here C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\civ3PTW\Extras\Medieval Japan\Art\Units

WW2 files found same place: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\civ3PTW\Extras\World War II\Art\Units

This one is actually something like Kensai/Swordsman/Swordsman.wav

I mispelled it earlier. But it does list the Swordsmen twice and I havn't met the Japanese yet at this point so I don't think it's a Japanese unit. Not to mention I didn't see any Kensai unit at all listed. I'm pretty confused by this.

It's in around the year 1060 B.C.

Its a animation file so it should still be seen in the civapedia when your playing but when the unit is finished being built, even if its somewhere far off in the black 'fog of war' it will crash your game every time .

I saw another member had the same problem a year back and it was at the start of the game with the 'Asian settler' , a PtW 'extras' unit.
A settler will be activated right away thats why he got the warning earlier. Your error came right at the time this unit should have been built, around 1000bc.
I figure cuz you have the same patch version and the same version of the game (Civ3 'Complete'), which triggers this error, aswell as the simularitys in the unit itself, You must have the same case of missing 'extras' units that he did. Proper diagnosis Right?
but then I think.. If your missing those same units, Why didn't the Asain settler's absence in your game make you crash right away?

DO you see the Asain settler in the \Balancer reloaded \Art\'Units' file? thats the best way to solve this. If you do. You have a download problem, if not, its time to get those files and address the problem for good.(no need to restart your game)

That should do it. I hope it does. Remember I suggested this spectacular showpeice to you, so ya best believe Im gonna service what I sell :)... oh btw, the Civ discrpt is mixed up for Isreal. It reads for the Hitties and the UU is mixed up for Canada. It shows Babylons bowmen instead, sorry I forgot to mention those at the time :mischief: )

The missing unit thing though, thats not the mods fault. It seems when it came off the line "Conquests" was suited to finding the 'extras' units just fine but then Complete comes out and changes the directory screwing up everything! Now the mod can't access these units the same way.

I don't see the Asian Settler folder in the Arts Units folder. Matter of fact, I don't see a regular settler either though. ?? I checked it again, and i think it's a sound file. The exact file is: Art/Units/Kensai/../Swordsmen/SwordsmenFortify.wav

That fortify part is pretty important I think, and it leads me to believe it's the sound of the spearman in the city right by where my camera was when this error occured. (I had a warrior nearby and my turn ended then it happened.)

I fixed the Civ description and leaderhead for Israel. I just copied and pasted all the Israel civ info and files from the RoC mod. :D

What is the Canadian UU supposed to be so I can fix that?

Thanks T.A. Jones! :)

I don't see the Asian Settler folder in the Arts Units folder. Matter of fact, I don't see a regular settler either though. ?? I checked it again, and i think it's a sound file. The exact file is: Art/Units/Kensai/../Swordsmen/SwordsmenFortify.wav

That fortify part is pretty important I think, and it leads me to believe it's the sound of the spearman in the city right by where my camera was when this error occured. (I had a warrior nearby and my turn ended then it happened.)

I fixed the Civ description and leaderhead for Israel. I just copied and pasted all the Israel civ info and files from the RoC mod. :D

What is the Canadian UU supposed to be so I can fix that?

Thanks T.A. Jones! :)

Balancer gets The regular settler from \Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Art\Units

Just like the pedia script can say let kensai's graphic,sound,or pedia be found in 'PtW extras folder'(then name the unit in copies from) Problem is The directory titles changed from Civ3 Conquests, the version the mod was made for. Thats why only some files arn't found anymore,

You never mentioned it Im still wonderin, Have you found those files and copied them in? You need to. Remember its just the units found in Med Jap and WW2 folders in the 'Extras" file . You sound like a copy/paste pro so Ive faith you can get er done :)

Im not sure what the unique unit is for Canada. Problem is its got a ton of em. Remember theres over 800 units in this game. I think half their units are unique ;) I can't recall which one gave me the golden age. Best way to find out is to play or ask King on a pm

You mean the Asian Settler? I see a medieval japan settler, but no "Asian Settler".

In the WW2 folder though I don't see any settler.

What confuses me though is the error message says nothing about an Asian Settler. It says a Kensai Swordsmen Fortify. I also tried to copy and rename a Japanese Swordsmen's wav file to match the file name and put it in the exact folder path the error said the file was missing. That didn't work. I think if we're going strickly on the file pathway that the error displayed, the problem is it seems to think there is a folder in there that is titled, ".." and there can be no such folder as windows will not allow it. It says there must be acutal characters (letters/numbers) in the folder title.

The idea I have is to find the text file that tells the game where to get the files and change that so it get's any good wav file that will work and just let the game move on. Is that pathway told in the predaicons txt or the script txt?

I did try to redownload it and that didn't work either. It's still missing the file in the downloaded mod pack, so any complete users need to be aware of this bug. I just used my save file to pick up where I left off.

Here's a screenshot of the error I got...

What file exactly is it I have to copy, and where to? I saw mideival japanese settler, but no asian settler, and this pathway having not said either one confuses me more.

@ Ruler - do you use Civ 3 Complete? If so, then I'm pretty sure that this will fix the problem. Make sure that the sound files end up in a folder in Art/Units/Swordsman/.

Let me know if you get trouble.

@Keroro ::) Cool I guess your the better repair man for this job. Thanks for steppin in.

@RofP : I was basin the case on post 57# ANy problems, you can refer to that and it will explain things better. Sorry for the unneccasary confusion .
I think I had the same problem with that one. I just can't peg what mod it hit me I think it was Rise n Rule actually.

Anyway...
Take er easy. Glad all ends well

I see you screenie there. Mybe Take a moment and think about replacing that terrain to something a lil more pleasing on the eye. Heres an example of a cool look Note: the resources shown cost extra (seprate) ;)

The file you want to replace is found in Balancer\art\terrain

Yeah, this is the first time anyone has come up with that bug. The ini file has a space in it that it should not have.

The Kensai ini has this:
FORTIFY=..\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify .wav

Notice the space before the .wav? Remove the space. It should look like this now:
FORTIFY=..\Swordsman\SwordmanFortify.wav

The error message omits the space. It's easy enough to fix yourself but it will also be fixed in the next patch.

To answer the questions about the Canadian UU... there are a few, just like every other Civ. Canada has the RCMP (Mounty) and the Avro Arrow to name a couple.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned beings I just scanned quickly through the thread.... I was playing the version downloaded from the first post (1.03) and this error happened for missing Kensei/swordsmen.wave file then it shut down.

Do I just need to get the patch for 1.04 or am I going to have to re-download the whole whopping thing again? (I hope not.)

Has this error happened to anyone else?

It wouldn't hurt for you to download the patch too. You can wait until you finish your current game just to be sure it doesn't break anything.

Thanks guys! The file that Kororo provided seems to have fixed it.

King, I figured out what an "ini" is but there was no space before "wav" in the file name pathway. ;)

That is a really cool graphics pack T.A. Do I have to put ALL of those files linked in that post into the Balancer Arts/Terrain folder?

Again, thanks so much! You guys are the best!

@ Kingpin - The wav file for the swordsman's Fortify is named differently in Conquests compared to Complete. I would recommend having the file duplicated in your Art/Units/Swordsman file, one with the space and one without, so that both Conquests an Complete users are OK. :)

Top Bottom