End of Empires - N3S III

I never lie to another NESer when it comes to how an outcome is going to happen.

Do you have anybody at least sortof unbiased willing to back you up on that?

O.K further compromise- I'll restrict my story bonuses to that of Luckymoose's+Masada's-2 at maximum.

OOC: Just to clarify I’m quite certain I put a waiver into my orders which essentially stated that if Jania intends to break the treaty sign a defensive pact with Ti-Sesh (breaking the treaty constituted not giving me Sies etc), which I think I might have botched when I rushed my orders.

I think it’s an open secret about the fact that Seshweay used to think of you as animals, some undoubtedly still do but as NK observed on the truly fanatical did (that also appears to have passed out of the standard canon taught by Unity). It’s entirely justified to describe occupation troops as animals, at this stage in history.

No comment on your last story, but thanks.

EDIT: If you want to talk to me over aim which i aquired yesterday its in my public profile along with my MSN, feel free to add me.

From Empire of the Arkage
To New Seshweay

We are willing to cede Seis and the delta in exchange for a renunciation of ambitions against any other Arkage terrortory.

From: The Republic of New Seshweay, The Unitary Prime, The All Highest Moralist and The Legally Reconstituted Senate of Ti-Sesh
To: Dictatorship of Dreams, Sesh formerly Jania and formerly Arkage, most contemptible enemies of the Republic

There will be no compromise, your persistent attempts to extinguish our culture, our laws, our people, our Republics, your constant threats and acts of aggression show the falsity of your peaceful overtures.

In the name of the Lady there will be no peace, for the Ancestors, for the Republic and for Seshweay.

Princes of the Sands:

A conference of tribes, council if you will, gathered in a makeshift outpost near an oasis in the desert. Among the men are rulers of the clans and tribes from the entire region. As they wait, with their guards and horses, food and jewelry, the sun is setting. The dimming sky is clear as the moon and stars come out for the night, waiting and watching these great men sit, preparing for the final person to arrive. King Mukalla II of the Bahric.

“When is this man coming?” said an impatient man in a fancy headdress, shaking his head as he becomes angry with the waiting.

“He will be here,” said an older man in a hoarse voice “he always keeps his promises.”

As they argued over the importance of this meeting, and the need to call such a thing, the firelight broke the growing darkness and over the dunes the sounds of horses was heard. All the men stood, looking and listening for the noise. Behind the dunes the sun was barely lighting it, so as to silhouette Mukalla II when he and his horse topped it, in a most legendary fashion. Striking fear in the hearts of those who did not know him well and joy to those whom he considered friends.

The horsemen and their king rode slowly down the dunes and into the camp, where Mukalla dismounted his steed and walked to the elderly man, giving him a firm, warriors embrace. In the background a couple men were talking to each other, in another language from the one Mukalla and most of the men were speaking. Mukalla looked at them as they talked and walked over to them listening in.

“…this is the man that will bring us glory and wealth? Ha, I spit at his presence, he looks nothing like a warrior…”

The man stopped as Mukalla approached him, grabbing his shoulder firmly and pulling him closer.

“When disrespecting someone, be sure they cannot speak your language. You arrogant fool.” With his sentence finished, the men looking on in shock, Mukalla drew a knife and stabbed the mans thigh. “There will be no dissent among the ranks, boy, you will follow me to glory or take your own path to the grave. What say you?”

The man, clearly in stress and pain, bleeding from his leg and grunting furiously, said in a broken voice. “I am sorry…”

Mukalla slapped him with the back of his hand, knocking him to the ground. The man reached for Mukalla’s boot, looking up at him.

“For someone so eager to disrespect me, you certainly are quick to bow.”

Mukalla’s guards moved in to keep the other men of this group from potentially jumping him while he turned to talk with his allies and those who looked at him in fear. In a complete change of mood, Mukalla smiles and opens his arms.

“So…we have much to discuss!”

Last question NK, who exactly follows my religion now?

New Seshweay, the areas of the Empire of Sesh which are still Seshweay, parts of the Arkage population (?), the Stykr, and who exactly are the Bosrttian people? Also where are some notable, even if they are small enclaves of Ancestor worshippers theres work to be done ;)

Thanks as well for the summary.

Diplomacy:

From: The Republic of New Seshweay, The Unitary Prime, The All Highest Moralist and The Legally Reconstituted Senate of Ti-Sesh
To: Dictatorship of Dreams, Sesh formerly Jania and formerly Arkage, most contemptible enemies of the Republic

There will be no compromise, your persistent attempts to extinguish our culture, our laws, our people, our Republics, your constant threats and acts of aggression show the falsity of your peaceful overtures.

In the name of the Lady there will be no peace, for the Ancestors, for the Republic and for Seshweay.

That was for the record. And thus we put it in the record for the world to see. We have tried compromise, and have been refused. Let no man pretend that Seshweay intends anything other but the destruction of our Empire and our way of life.

Stories:

The House of Writers:
The House of Writers was by now a time-honoured tradition, pouring out some of the worst works to come out of literature in this period. The plots were not only cliched, but the cliche plots were never very good in the first place. The one redeeming feature of the works was that ocassionally one would be so bad it was somewhat funny (such as Attack of the Killer Socks, the best single work to come out of the House of Writers).

The House was founded originally in Jania by a nobleman who had delusions of grandeur. In some ways it had a good ambition- that creative writing could be a good pasttime and spreading it. In this way, the House of Writers would do some good. However, they did evil in that joining the House of Writers led to a considerable drop in the quality of any writer who spent time with them. This was around the time Jania annexed the Delta.

For good or ill, the House of Writers would spread and found new branches based on the family fortune, which was large enough to maintain Houses of Writers throughout the expanded Jania, though it did not reach Tisesh. Not appreciating any good that might come out of writing for one's own enjoyment, the government began the House's supression.

The House's supporters were unable to prevent it's abolition, but a few would escape to villages in Akalm. There, they would teach literacy to their children and writing styles, if very bad ones. The House of Writer's literary tradition would continue in Akalm due to the value in knowing how to read and write at all...

Ramadal dismounted gracelessly. The elderly king never had much flair for riding. That was more the province of his son, the vibrant Prince Astor, who accompanied him on the expedition. And it was a major royal expedition for both the king and his princely heir to be present, yet none would have questioned how essential it was for Astor to be party to the ceremony that would take place but hours from now. All of the lands of Gallat were bound to the king, and to the royal lines, and through the royal line to the people and their greater glory. Ramadal was here as the current king, but Astor represented all of those myriad rulers who would come after. And the consecration of a city, of a true hub of Gallat, required nothing less than a connection to all the rulers, and the people, of the future.

Once off the horse, Ramadal craned his neck to look about. The surrounding countryside looked as pleasant as the rolling hills he had ridden through. Fewer trees grew here than around Gallasa, and the air was warmer and drier, but sheep still grazed lazily on green grass. It was the height of the wet season. Perhaps at other times the land would not be so accomodating.

Soon, however, his gaze was fixed on the final goal of the royal party. The salty smell of the sea caught in his nose, and the cry of gulls, of a different sort than those seen in the north, rang in his ears. Down on the shore, timbers brought from forested hillsides near Kollada had been erected into a small port, and stone houses surrounded by a sturdy stone wall had sprung up. To his eyes, there did not appear to be much activity in the soon-to-be city yet, but many people merely awaited the ceremony to make their trek from the north. Some intrepid merchants had already discovered and begun the mining of rich salt deposits to the east of the settlement, and workers had begun to populate wooden and thatch huts scattered between the stonework. The cry of foremen and dockworkers could be heard even in the hills.

For now, the royal entourage was resting. In but a few hours, the king, prince and their attendants would wind their way down the hill and among the people, whose own glories had allowed this great day: a new city in the realm. Ramadal hoped greatly that Sirasona would prosper as well as the others had. If tomorrow’s ceremony of binding went well, it should become great among the cities of men. He turned to his lively son, and without making a sound, smiled.

“This city shall be your great legacy, father, and a legacy of your time. I shall see it done.”

Nothing could be a greater honor than to leave such a legacy.

The Fleet of Krato​

The gulls cried out in the morning light as men hurried along the shore with supplies. A great labor was taking place on the shore near Goso. A great many Durocian sailors and ship builders were told to gather at Goso to help with the construction of what some called “The Grand Fleet”.

At first many were suspicious. The Grand Fleet just seemed like some rumor to help keep up hope for the war. However, when the ship builders saw how many resources had been brought to Goso, there was no doubt in their minds that something big was going on. A good deal of lumber had been traded for to help build the ships. Some men even went so far as to travel to the barbarian lands to the northwest to chop down trees. The stacks of lumber were gigantic.

And so the order was made and the work began. Durocians had a tradition of being sailors and ship-builders. This made up for the Uggor’s lack of presence on the sea. As a matter of fact, the only reason Krato even had a navy now was because of other countries merging into Krato, bringing their navies with them. However, the Council of High chiefs saw that Thearak shared the same weakness the Uggor used to have. They sought to exploit this while they could and build a fleet so mighty that Thearak would have no choice but to face the katar-armed Warmasters and the great elephants of Krato on solid land. Thearak must never have power in the sea.

And so the men worked at great haste. The Lower Chief of the area even offered a bag of bronze and ivory to the men who could make the best ship. And so the men worked, day after day, night after night. During the day the sun would beat down on them with its heat. During the night the red sun would quietly watch them grow tired and weary.

Then, after months, perhaps years, the ships were made. While not entirely ready to be used right away, they were sailable and impressive. One ship in particular stuck out. It was Shipchief Serhan’s ship. He was the only one of the Durocian Chiefs that didn’t have problems going off too war. He was put in charge of the navy due to his skills as a sailor and his knowledge of naval warfare.

His ship had pair a giant tusks on the front. They seemed appropriate for such a massive vessel. Some called it the Elephant of The Fleet it was so big. Its sail blocked out the sun as Shipchief Serhan looked out at the sea. His future battle ground, and most likely, his grave.

To: Dictatorship of Dreams and Kingdom of Delusion, Sesh formerly Jania and formerly Arkage, most contemptible enemies of the Republic

Peace, we offered you equitable terms 50 years ago, you breeched them, and we did not react to your timely lapse of memory and breaking of said equitable terms. We were not the aggressors; did you not declare war on us? Did your not your Tyrant declare war on us? Now faced with more than you than you can chew, you seek peace, the Republic which is populated by sane men (something your nation appears to be utterly lacking) naturally regards any overtures from you as poison. You would overrun Bahrai, then turn on us retaking what was ‘yours’ the Republic maintains that it was never yours, and fully intends to make certain of that. The world has seen your persistent acts of aggression, and the acts of the entity you claim to share a common heritage with, the Old Empire of Sesh. Seshweay intends only to liberate her Fatherland, her people, her sacred relics and her dignity and sacred honour, be dammed and thrice dammed for your aggression and the arrogance of Kings. ‘Our Empire’ pray who do you mean, the so-called Empire of Arkage or the poor occupied masses of Seshweay forced to reside in an institution hateful to their existence, ruled by foreigners and madmen? We care not about your way of life, we care about our way of life, currently being destroyed by your Empire, we care about our people and we worry about the fate of the whole area if your ‘Imperial’ dignity is allowed to draw the whole world into conflict. We say Death to Kings and the by the Ancestors most holy and benevolent we fully mean it, we do not mean the death of Arkage for unless the Arkage are all Kings which we know to be false we care not what they do or who rules them so long as they are not threat to our Republics, Institutions and Ancestors. You have done no good in your time and in the name of the Ancestors be gone!

May the Ancestors forgive you for your acts, for mortal men are fallible and they are not.

OOC: I must be about the only person who writes mini-stories for diplomacy :p

OOC: Wouldn't it just throw a monkey rench in things if Moti finds out about countries being across the mountains and decides to go Hannibal on everything?

OOC: I actually forgot about the arrangement! Given other errors I've made (in bestshot9's NES I didn't notice the diffrence between 1854 and 1864), why is this not a plausible story?

From Empire of Arkage
To the Seshweay

No doubt you will claim the whole river once you have us in your power- what would there be to stop you? The agreement was broken due to suspicions of an alliance with Tisesh, and by our forefathers. We are not to be blamed for their actions.

Whether rightfully or not, we offered you a restoration of the terms you desired and more. We declared war on Tisesh, not New Seshweay. The New Seshweay were, until we broke our arrangement, willing to allow us to conquer Tisesh.

Do not pretend it is not so. The Seshweay are cowards and hypocrites, who must be defeated!

OOC: Doesn’t matter that you forgot as a person, it’s the implication of forgetting as a state. Followed immediately by a declaration of war, did it not occur to you that I would have made arrangements if you broke the treaty, ie in this case signing a defensive pact with Ti-Sesh because your forgot. You declared war on me OOC but to me that’s as good a sign of intention as actually marching troops into my cities, I reciprocated by declaring war back. To be honest, you broke the agreement through forgetfulness, that’s fine, what screwed you is that you declared war straight after you didn’t even bother to discuss the issue. Now that your fighting in a life and death struggle you are trying to patch up relations, and to be honest I believe in all sincerity if I agreed to the terms and if you won against Bahrai you would declare war against me straight after you wouldn’t honour something gained out of a weak bargaining position on your part, nobody ever does when they can rectify it straight after. It’s a classic case of buyers remorse, you declared war on me quite happily when it was stacked in your favour, me v. you once Luckymoose declared war you have tried to do everything to get out of an uneven fight but if we don’t crush you, it would only be a matter of time till you attack us. Compromise works well when you haven’t declared war on me and want to work out equitable terms on a nation to nation basis without the threat of killing someone if they disagree, compromise goes out the door when you declare war on me and then try to pull out when somebody else declares war on you. You can come to the negotiating table whenever you want, but it wont be unilaterally between you and me it will include whosoever is a party to the war next turn I wont be screwing my new allies and whoever else decides to jump in on you. It isn’t fair, but you should have reckoned that declaring war on me gave an opening to Bahrai to declare war on you given that you seem rather aggressive and have a border near their also I would note that aside from Neruss who is to poor a target to invade you could only really invade the Triuli and im sure they realise how vulnerable they are to losing the Peninsula’s.

I must be the only person who writes down my logic and writes this much… even when I don’t mean to…

@Ninjadude that would be inconvenient to say the least an amusing twist of history, but didn’t Hannibal bounce of after a while, and I’m certain that you don’t want to repeat what happened to Carthage at the end of the Punic Wars ;)

Now in character:

To: Dictatorship of Dreams, Kingdom of Delusion and Land of Incompetence, Sesh formerly Jania and formerly Arkage, most contemptible enemies of the Republic

Those who declare war on another power, should not have a case of buyers remorse and think for a moment they can dictate terms to their enemies, yes there is nothing to stop me taking the whole River, you should not really care you declared war on the Republic anything we choose to do to you after hostilties end and the Republic wins is up to us not to you. Did you allow Ti-Sesh to dictate terms to you when you conquered and began a systematic destruction of the Seshweay? Did you listen to the objections of the good people of Ti-Sesh when they implored your vile soldiers to leave of course not? You may claim whatever you like about us, unfortunately figure appears to be unlikely for you.

@Ninjadude that would be inconvenient to say the least an amusing twist of history, but didn’t Hannibal bounce of after a while, and I’m certain that you don’t want to repeat what happened to Carthage at the end of the Punic Wars

OOC: I would certainly not want what happened to Carthage happen to me. that's why I said Moti. I'm too busy down south to get involved in the north....for now...

Also, who said I was talking about Hannibal of Carthage? Maybe Moti is going to eat your livers with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Ah my bad, its always good when the war there are other wars going on in the world, means NK doesnt have to reference my horrible writing ;)

OOC: I declared war on Tisesh, not New Seshweay- I thought you were just interested in New Seshweay, Masada. You actually wished me good luck restoring the Sesh Empire!

(IC coming once the OOC disagreement is sorted out)

"NOTE: I accidentaly forgot to put the deal about Seis in my orders. Ah well, guess it's time for a fight. Masada PROBABLY doublecrossed me by the defensive pact with Tisesh anyway."

Direct quote, from you after the update... after Ti-Sesh had died...

I did wish you good luck, before you forgot the agreement underwhich i wished you good luck and then declared war without discussing or reconizing the fact that if you broke said agreements i had ever legitimate means of defending my interests.

Top Bottom