[Religion and Revolution]: Interesting Graphics / Features we might use

I've collected and uploaded a set of some more possible Goody Hut nif graphics to SVN in transfer/Goodies . (these won't require extra coding specific to each one, but we could add a few of them as Goody types in ImprovementInfos.xml for some added graphical variety). When Inventions are implemented, we could give Goody Hut a chance to give you a Native Tech (or some progress toward a Native Tech.) Maybe the simplest way is to add a <pythoncallback> tag to basicinfos/CIV4GoodyInfo.xml , so some goody options can be added with that.

In another (civ4)mod I've once discovered this wonderful horse resource graphic, providing horses in different colours.
It also works well with a ranch built on it (see screeni) :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Perhaps you would like to implement this eye-candy in RaR...? :)

By the way: There's a small translation "bug" in the german version about the ranch: The improvement is correctly called as ranch, but the build action order (TXT_KEY_BUILD_PASTURE) sais "Pferderanch" - may be just changed into "Ranch" too :D

Attachments

• Horse.7z
    617.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Civ4ScreenShot_horses.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot_horses.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 506
In another (civ4)mod I've once discovered this wonderful horse resource graphic, providing horses in different colours.

Looks nice. :)

Thanks for telling us. :thumbsup:

By the way: There's a small translation "bug" in the german version about the ranch: The improvement is correctly called as ranch, but the build action order (TXT_KEY_BUILD_PASTURE) sais "Pferderanch" - may be just changed into "Ranch" too :D

Yes, you are right. :thumbsup:
(Since we use it for Horses, Cattle and Sheep.)

-------------

@Schmiddie:

Could you take a look at these 2 things ?
(I will be home late today.)

I agree, it's perfect for a Portuguese Feitoria.. (that's because it actually is the Portuguese Feitoria created for BtS! ;):king:)

It would be interesting to have as a Customs House UB that also gives a good defense boost for advanced coastal trade settlements; per the text below that's likely a better historic fit than an improved Stable but maybe that would fit with another nation? Another possible interesting side effect for defensive UBs such as Presidio and/or Feitoria is reducing the impact of Bombard attacks by ships and cannons (already available in XML as <iBombardDefense> ).

Spoiler :
Portuguese Feitorias (c.1445)
During the territorial and economic expansion of the Age of Discovery the factory was adapted by the Portuguese and spread throughout from West Africa to Southeast Asia.[2] The Portuguese "feitorias" were mostly fortified trading posts settled in coastal areas, built to centralize and thus dominate the local trade of products with the Portuguese kingdom (and thence to Europe). They served simultaneously as market, warehouse, support to the navigation and customs and were governed by a "Feitor" (factor) responsible for managing the trade, buying and trading products on behalf of the king and collecting taxes (usually 20%).
Elmina Castle viewed from the sea in 1668. Notice European shipping in foreground and African houses/town shown in left hand corner and in various areas around the fort.

The first Portuguese feitoria overseas was established by Henry the Navigator in 1445 on the island of Arguin, off the coast of Mauritania. It was built to attract Muslim traders and monopolize the business in the routes traveled in North Africa. It served as a model for a chain of African feitorias, Elmina Castle being the most notorious.

Between the 15th and 16th centuries, a chain of about 50 Portuguese forts either housed or protected feitorias along the coasts of West and East Africa, the Indian Ocean, China, Japan, and South America. The main Portuguese factories were in Goa, Malacca, Ormuz, Ternate, and Macau. They were mainly driven by the trade of gold on the coast of Guinea, spices in the Indian Ocean, and slaves to the new world. They were also used for local triangular trade between several territories, like Goa-Macau-Nagasaki, trading products such as sugar, pepper, coconut, timber, horses, grain, feathers from exotic Indonesian birds, precious stones, silks and porcelain from the East, among many other products. In the Indian Ocean the trade in Portuguese factories was enforced and increased by a merchant ship licensing system: the cartazes.[3]

From the feitorias the products went to the main outpost in Goa, then to Portugal where they were traded in the Casa da Índia, which also managed exports to India.[4] There they were sold, or re-exported to the Royal Portuguese Factory in Antwerp, where they were distributed to the rest of Europe.

Easily supplied and defended by sea, the factories worked as independent colonial bases. They provided safety, both for the Portuguese, and at times for the territories in which they were built, protecting against constant rivalries and piracy. They allowed Portugal to dominate trade in the Atlantic and Indian Oceans, establishing a vast empire with scarce human and territorial resources. Over time, the feitorias were sometimes licensed to private entrepreneurs, giving rise to some conflict between abusive private interests and local populations, such as in the Maldives.

Ray asked me to render a african harbour for RaR.
Now i can present you a simple design-study of a possible harbour with a touch of african colonial feelings :cool:
Remember, this ist only to show you in which direction this project can go.
There's no foreground quai, no post-processing and no color-adjustment on this picture.
I will start to complete the work, if the RaR-Team is agree with this design.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Afrikahafen.jpg
    Afrikahafen.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 481
Fankman, Du hier? :D

A really impressive workout, very well done! :goodjob:

Can't wait to see the final version of your beautiful African harbour :crazyeye:

Ray asked me to render a african harbour for RaR.
Now i can present you a simple design-study of a possible harbour with a touch of african colonial feelings :cool:
I will start to complete the work, if the RaR-Team is agree with this design.

Hi Fankman, nice to see you around in our Forum again.

The design study of the Africa-Screen already looks great. :thumbsup:

From my side, feel free to choose any design that you like.
I don't want to limit your creativity.

Some Slaves might really be interesting though. :think:

Looking forward to the final screen. :)

I am looking for graphics like this one and this one to create the feature "Spawning Goody Huts".
(KJ had created the graphics for the images but did not upload before he left. :( )

Top Bottom