It's not Islam, is it?

SS-18 ICBM

Oscillator
I'm sure you all know of the recent attacks on embassies in response to a film critical of Islam, that even claimed the life of a US ambassador. I know that this was done by a minority of Muslims, there is no need to remind me of that fact. But what gnaws at me is that mobs and groups are perpetrating these attacks that kill people. This seems to suggest a systematic problem far more pervasive than just typical nutters such as abortion doctor murderers. What are the factors that explain this propensity for violence that I don't see in Christianity nowadays? Of course, if that latter assumption of mine is wrong, feel free to enlighten me with examples. Hopefully I might learn something before this thread goes in unforeseen directions.

Only fools deny that Islam has serious issues at this point. I'm going to be called bigoted or Islamophobic, but I don't really care how you label it. I'm not a real pal to Christianity, as anyone else on here will tell you, but Islam is definitely going through a period of serious turmoil right now.

I don't think U.S. bombs can be blamed for honor killings or the execution of apostates. We hardly force them to dress their women like Jawas and put them under house arrest.

What are the factors that explain this propensity for violence that I don't see in Christianity nowadays?

America, a nation founded on Judeo-Christian values has killed way more people in the past 50 years than all other muslim nations combined.... times 10.

The return to conservative Islam for many happened after the 1967 war with Israel. Muslims were sure they were on the side of righteousness, (and they were), but Allah did not deliver teh victory a just god would have, so they decided it was because they were not pious enough.

But, let's explain the youtube video fury like this

Bro, did you see how Melvin flipped out today when you called him a nerd? Why'd he get all angry like that?

Don't know dude. Maybe it was when you threw him into a hornets' nest.

That was like, last week, bro, no way!

Maybe it was when you pissed on his shoes before Gym.

What, what do you mean Bro?

Or the time you took a dump in his locker.

That was like, 3 months ago bro.

Yeah, dude, I know, Melvin's just crazy. It's just an insult, he should grow some thicker skin.

Totally, bro.

But, let's explain the youtube video fury like this

So if Innocence of Muslims was name-calling, what are the incidents with the hornets, the shoes, and the locker?

I'm sure you all know of the recent attacks on embassies in response to a film critical of Islam, that even claimed the life of a US ambassador.

Do we see this kind of crap in Turkey, Morocco, Bosnia or Europistan? No !
The problem isn't Islam, it's the culture and political situation in Egypt and Pakistan.

They have unique cultural and political situations then?

So if Innocence of Muslims was name-calling, what are the incidents with the hornets, the shoes, and the locker?

I dunno, Iraq, Bahrain, the West Bank, Supporting Mubarak for forty years, Libya, the constant drone strikes of civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the list could go on for hundreds of offenses.

...or do you not remember all the killing of Muslims and occupations and propped up dictators over Muslim countries American foreign policy has implemented?

I don't think the problem is Islam in itself, it's just that people from many Muslim countries don't understand the concept of free speech and think the West only mocks Muslims and never Christians.

I don't think the problem is Islam in itself, it's just that people from many Muslim countries don't understand the concept of free speech and think the West only mocks Muslims and never Christians.

Mocks?

Try KILLS only muslims and never Christians.
It's far more than just mockery that has them angry.
It's not just name calling. It's the murder of their wives and daughters and husbands and fathers and friends and dogs.

Mobboss is the devil. Worship jesus. Hate mobboss.

I dunno, Iraq, Bahrain, the West Bank, Supporting Mubarak for forty years, Libya, the constant drone strikes of civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the list could go on for hundreds of offenses.

Not sure those are insults to Islam per se. The victims are Muslim, but I don't think the reasons the US did those actions was because they would be hurting Muslims.

it's just that people from many Muslim countries don't understand the concept of free speech

I've entertained that notion before. I think it might be inflammatory though. I'd like to see more comments on it.

Mocks?

Try KILLS only muslims and never Christians.
It's far more than just mockery that has them angry.
It's not just name calling. It's the murder of their wives and daughters and husbands and fathers and friends and dogs.

In any case, they're misinformed. America has killed a lot of non Muslims the last 50 years.

edit: Don't comment on this please. It will be a blind alley. I can sense it.

Not sure those are insults to Islam per se. The victims are Muslim, but I don't think the reasons the US did those actions was because they would be hurting Muslims.

Wait, you asked why do they hate us, is it Islam.

I told you it's because we are killing them.

You answer, but the killings are justified?

Ok, well, if you want to sit in your comfy living room, and believe they are justified, that's your prerogative.

But I guarantee you, had it been your family incinerated by a bomb and your wife blown to pieces by a drone missile, you would take a lot more convincing it was justified, lot more than just some news article you read that explained why your country just got bombed and your son just had his face ripped off by shrapnel.

So are you actually asking a question? No, you are just simply giving a Pavlovian respons to movies like 300 and the dictator and Borat, and a steady stream of news both directly from CNN et al and regurgitated on forums.

You can't help you hate Muslims, and think they are crazy and deranged, the media filters that have been brainwashing you are responsible for that.

And now, you do exactly as hoped for by the military industrial complex's media, you start another Islamaphobic conversation where you pat yourself on the back as a civilized man, justify your nations' murders of people with "we dinnit mean to kill them... ...all hundred thousand of them or more.... we were just trying to bring peace and democracy, and those stupid Muslims don't like peace or democracy" and ask, "why are we so civilized, and they are so crazy?"

In any case, they're misinformed. America has killed a lot of non Muslims the last 50 years.

edit: Don't comment on this please. It will be a blind alley. I can sense it.

Has there been a lot of muslim rage over the past 50 years?

Or has it been really ratcheted up in the past 15 or so years?

And don't write it if you don't want me to comment on it.

But what gnaws at me is that mobs and groups are perpetrating these attacks that kill people.

1. People in groups can do stupid things

2. People who live in a desert are going to eventually snap

3. People who don't get any bacon or alcohol in their diet are just asking for mental health issues

4. There's the whole "religion is evil" part

And that about covers it.

And now, you do exactly as hoped for by the military industrial complex's media, you start another Islamaphobic conversation where you pat yourself on the back as a civilized man, justify your nations' murders of people with "we dinnit mean to kill them... ...all hundred thousand of them or more.... we were just trying to bring peace and democracy, and those stupid Muslims don't like peace or democracy"

i.e., 21st century "white man's burden."

Wait, you asked why do they hate us, is it Islam.
No, my question was why are some of them killing us in response to seemingly minor provocations.

... the constant drone strikes of civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the list could go on for hundreds of offenses.

I am confused.

Are there any terrorists that aren't civilians?

Or did I miss another kumbaya definition?

The drone strikes have killed many innocent people. Explosive warheads aren't as precise as to be able to kill a hostile among a civilian populace.

I am confused.

Are there any terrorists that aren't civilians?

Or did I miss another kumbaya definition?

You aren't confused. You know damn well America has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent muslims. You also know damn well America has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi soldiers, simply defending their nation from a foreign invader. And yes, America has killed tens, if not hundreds of thousands of heroic mujaheddin who died defending their homeland from an imperial army hell bent on occupation and colonialization. Yeah I said it, most of them (not the Americans) are freedom fighters.

Is that enough keyboard manliness for you, tough guy? Or do you want to try and hippy/kumbayah this one?

And if this is treason, make the most of it.

I'm sure you all know of the recent attacks on embassies in response to a film Critical of Islam, that even claimed the life of a US ambassador. I know tHat this was done by a minoRIty of MuSlims, There Is no need to remind me of thAt fact. But what gNawS at me is tHAt mobs anD groups are perpetrating THEse attacks that kill people. This seems to suggest a systematic problem far more pervasive than just typical nutters such as abortion doctor murderers. What are the factors that explain this propensity for violence that I don't see in Christianity nowadays? Of course, if that latter assumption of mine is wrong, feel free to ENLIGHTEN ME with examples. Hopefully I might learN someThing before this thread goes in unforeseen directions.

Eeeeyup.

Top Bottom