1.0.1.674 Undocumented Patch Notes

No, I was playing on an Earth map. The Iroquois, Denmark, Japan, Arabia and myself (Inca) were all in Europe/Asia/Africa. The Japanese declared war on me first, I killed a scout, then they pleaded for peace. A while later, the Iroquois declared war on me, I burned all but one of their cities to the ground. This was going on while Denmark was at war with the Iroquois, I think the Japanese as well. So no alliance, but everyone liked me (Even though both Japan and the Iroquois were at war, they still retained friendly status after).

The AI seems smarter, it doesn't suicide units as much, this is hard to quantify though.

Hmm. The AI is still capable of really dumb stuff. I'm currently on a Pangaea map with Oda as my eastern neighbor. I beat him to a choice location between us in early game, and he soon DOW'd me and captured my city. I fought him off and retook it, then went on the offensive and captured his nearest city. It was a risky/dumb move on my part. It left me really stretched out east-west but I needed the resources. As soon as I began a serious assault on his capital he offered good terms and we made peace. So far, so good. Japan is known for its aggressiveness. No problem.

But about 30 turns later he moved a force of 5 warriors through my empire headed due west, and when his warriors reached the western edge of my empire he DOW'd Elizabeth, who had built the Great Wall. I can only presume this is the bulk of his military. Meanwhile, I am still perched on his capital's doorstep far to the east. This is a supremely foolhardy move and reeks of same old AI.

Top Bottom