Tech Research Times Balance

arafitos

Chieftain
I'm not 100% this is the right forum to ask, but I was wondering if the research times for technologies could be edited for one of the gamespeeds?

I've played the game a lot, and have never been able to make full use of the era I was in. The combat in the earlier eras was too short, and my units were always obsolete by the time I got to use them. Most of the warring ended up in the modern era.

Where could I find the files that contain these technology research speed variables? I've dug around in

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML

but found nothing so far. I've searched the forums and the site for any mods concerning this, but also found nothing.

I'm not 100% this is the right forum to ask

Now it is ;).

Moderator Action: Thread moved.

but I was wondering if the research times for technologies could be edited for one of the gamespeeds?

[...]

Where could I find the files that contain these technology research speed variables? I've dug around in

...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML

In XML\GameInfo\Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml, you have to edit iResearchPercent (higher value = longer).

Wow thanks a ton, this is exactly what I was looking for, with all the different gametypes and speeds for everything. Nice of the developers to keep everything so organized.

Top Bottom