Every game starts with American Indian opponents

Master Shake

Warlord
Does 1.15 fix the bug I am about to describe?

I have 1.12. I noticed something wierd, and did the following test as a result. 20 times in a row, I selected "new game" with no world seed, tiny, 70% land coverage. I selected random for my own civ and "all random" for opponent civs. I selected "culturally linked start locations."

18 out of those twenty times, two of my three opponents were from the american group of civilizations.

The other two, times, one of my three opponents was from that group.

My own civ seemed to be selected truly randomly.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been fixed since 1.12?

If I deselect "culturally linked" (which is how I usually play anyway) then there does not seem to be a problem.

-mS

Need more info.

What civs were you when you started the game?

I didn't keep a record of which civs I was, but I was watching to see if I seemed to be being placed in any particular group more often than others. It did not seem as though that as the case.

In other words, I recall having been the ottomans, japanese, aztecs, french, russians, koreans, and chinese, and I know I was many others besides. I didn't seem to be in the American group very often.

Yet the other civs were, as I said, in the American group more often than not.

Tomorrow I'll do fifty in a row and keep track of every detail, if you like.

-mS

Sure, that would be good. Do it 100 times even. :)

Originally posted by Chieftess
Sure, that would be good. Do it 100 times even. :)

Chieftess - you are really cruel. :D

Master Shake 99 times is enough. :D

I'm surprised there are not more reports of this. I'm experiencing this also, with 1.15, with any civ, any map. Always the Maya, Inca, Aztecs & Abe...all random civs, of course. Culturally link on, of course.

Originally posted by Master Shake
Does 1.15 fix the bug I am about to describe?

I have 1.12. I noticed something wierd, and did the following test as a result. 20 times in a row, I selected "new game" with no world seed, tiny, 70% land coverage. I selected random for my own civ and "all random" for opponent civs. I selected "culturally linked start locations."

18 out of those twenty times, two of my three opponents were from the american group of civilizations.

The other two, times, one of my three opponents was from that group.

My own civ seemed to be selected truly randomly.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been fixed since 1.12?

If I deselect "culturally linked" (which is how I usually play anyway) then there does not seem to be a problem.

-mS

I have noticed this problem on my game as well. America, Incas, Aztec, Mayas, and the Indianas all appear every time I start a game using culture link. But when I unchecked culture link, the game went back to normal. I have a feeling culture link is bugged right now to think everyone is linked to the American cultures.

Maybe the "cultural link" refers to the country settings in Windows now? :p

When you check the option "Culture Linked Civs" they will be neighbors of each other within the culture group. What seems to be happening is that your civ is neighbor to a whole another cultural group.

But may not be that. Kind of, are you starting with ONLY these civs as neighbours, or do you have European civs as neighbours too?

it is a known bug, you will always have the american culture group in your games with "culture link" active. Simply disable it to get truly random civs and not always mayans, iroquis, incans and aztecs...

Top Bottom