[BNW] Spaceship factory

Carassius

Chieftain
Is this worth building if space victory is not enabled?

Am I correct in understanding that the +50% production applies __only__ to spaceship parts? If so, the +3 hammers per turn will likely not be enough to pay for the spaceship factory.

Yup. +50% :c5production: Only applies to constructing Spaceship Parts.

With Science Victory in BNW turned off, all a spaceship factory does is eat 1 aluminum, costs you 3 :c5gold: GPT, and returns a rather anemic +3 :c5production: Production.

Which is multiplied by various factors. I always build these if aluminum if plenty and I'm about to be building something like the Olympic games, or a huge military.

It's not worth it. Let's take into consideration the biggest buff:
Railroad + Workshop + Factory + Kremlin + Forge + Arsenal of Democracy: 20 + 10 + 10 + 50 + 15 + 15 = 120% modifier. So in this scenario where you have the Kremlin in a Freedom empire with arsenal of democracy, the spaceship factory would add 6.6 hammers (but only for tanks). Considering that the spaceship factory costs 360, it would take at least 55 turns (of building only tanks) to be worth it. If you have robotics, the game should be over in a lot less than 55 turns.

I don't know how much the spaceship factory costs but I'd say that rush buying it is not worth it either. The spaceship factory is only worth it for building spaceship parts.

I didn't say it was worth it, just that I always build them or rush them. :) You are missing Nuclear/Solar Plants that adds %15. Religion is another %15, if it's a wonder that's %15(Tradition), another %20 if you're Egypt. Golden age is %20.

Oh yeah I forgot about those :) Even so the plant, religion and golden age will make the modifier 170% and turn those 3 hammers into 8.1 hammers. This reduces the number of turns to get back the original 360 hammers invested to 45. The modifiers for wonder building, even with Egypt, are not as big as the modifiers for armor units with Kremlin.

I don't know how much the spaceship factory costs but I'd say that rush buying it is not worth it either. The spaceship factory is only worth it for building spaceship parts.

I think there might be an argument for it in the highest hammer city that really wants to get a really late wonder. But yeah, in pretty much every situation you care to name, the hammers are better spent on units and the gold is better spent on allies.

SS factory is waste of hammer or gold if you choose to rush it. You get a free one with Hubble and that's often enough unless you're going for Order SV. Spending gold to rush nuclear/solar plant gives you a lot more.

It's not worth it. Let's take into consideration the biggest buff:
Railroad + Workshop + Factory + Kremlin + Forge + Arsenal of Democracy: 20 + 10 + 10 + 50 + 15 + 15 = 120% modifier. So in this scenario where you have the Kremlin in a Freedom empire with arsenal of democracy, the spaceship factory would add 6.6 hammers (but only for tanks). Considering that the spaceship factory costs 360, it would take at least 55 turns (of building only tanks) to be worth it.

How do you get the Kremlin with Freedom? I thought it was Order.

Top Bottom