End of Empires - N3S III

As a final act of the Eastern League:

Cynta and Serkos pledge their undying and complete allegiance to the Emperor of Leun.

OOC: Yay update

to: Clan of Kogur

We will defend Putra and our brothers from your aggressive actions. The jungle will become your final resting place, your soldiers will make substance for the jaguars. We demand you withdraw and return to the lands from which you came.

to: Putra

We must stand united against this Kogur threat. I will be contacting you over private channels on how to conduct this defense.

to: Shentha

If Putra falls, you will be next, join as against the aggressors to the north.

to: Surrounding Tribes

The Kogur threat is indeed real, let us end our feuds and unite against a common cause. You hear rumors of destruction of each other by the men of the north, let that not come to us. The Kogur Clan will bring that to us! Their actions show no regard for the land that is ours and that our ancestors have lived on for thousands of years.

Excerpts from monk Enegros' letter to the monastery of Rhunos:

"Arasos was correct on viewing truth as precursor for enlightement, as well as saying that truth will almost certainly lead to pain. Truth needn't even remove the ignorance, just as he taught. However he made an error by assuming that finding truth in itself would eradicate the suffering and open the gates of enlightement. He didn't realise that finding truth and pain are necessary for reaching enlightement, as one cannot be freed of pain until he understands it's nature and causes. When one understands the cause of pain and suffering, he is able to release his grasp of it's source, and in return the pain will free it's grasp over him. And that ascension, my friends, that freedom from suffering is the very essence of enlightement."

"Now, seeing that learning truth is important step into enlightement, we must now define what actually is this truth, or could there even be several truths that define the existance of all things. Some of our monks here believe that the truth is the freedom of desire, as desire is, in most cases, the reason of suffering and pain. Myself I don't think desire in itself is a bad thing, however. How could a desire to do good, for example, be bad thing? How could helping those less fortunate or those who are lost in the darkness that is suffering, be against enlightement? Relieving others from pain does indeed help them closer to enlightement. Therefore I believe that there is no single truth, no single way to ascend from pain and to reach Iehor. As Arasos said; there is no man who is not wise in his own way. The ways to finding truth and Iehor are as many as the people on this earth."

"Since ascension essentially requires one to find the sources of pain and suffering, we must ready ourselves in body and mind before embarking on the journey to enlightement. This preparation I call Azar-I-Iehor, path to enlightement. Physical and mental strenght, patience and discipline, honesty and loyalty, love and compassion, these all are the virtues everyone on Azar-I-Iehor must learn to value and embrace."

"Arasos' remarks about ignorance are ones that puzzled me most. After much thought, I've realised the wisdom in age-old teachings of indagahor. Learning alongside improving and honing one's skills are the way to eradicate the mist of ignorance that clouds our daily lives and path to enlightement."

Enegros read through the last lines of his letter, finishing the proofreading his written teachings. Finding his work satisfactory, he scrolled the paper and sealed it with wax. The letter was to depart with one of his pupils to the monastery at the coastal city of Rhunos. Enegros had learned that the monastery where he had studied in his youth had since become known for the new martial art, Kara-Kudo, that the warrior monks of the monastery had perfected in the recent years. Enegros' interest in martial arts, namely due the discipline and mental focus they required, made him all the more eager to go and train the new art in Rhunos, yet his obligations in Epichrisi wouldn't allow it. Thus he agreed to send his best pupil to learn the secrets of new art. The letter contained his recommendations for his pupil, as the warrior monks wouldn't allow anyone but the best champions of Kara-Ka, the older, existing martial art, to learn the Kara-Kudo.

"Iehorai, monk Aelinas asked to inform you that the new pupils have arrived. They are waiting for you at the monastery gates." The man who spoke was Enegros' pupil, Tereion.

Tereion had just arrived to the monastery's garden where Enegros had been writing his letter beside a large, white, flat central stone of the yard. Stone had been brought all the way from the mountains in central Spitos by the time when Crannaior-Karash built the monastery for his favourite monk, Arasos. The garden's of Opulensi monasteries were curious in the fact that plants weren't as much in a central role in them. The harmony and balance between plant's, trees, rocks and even the sky was essential in creating a conclave of peace where the monks could meditate in.

Enegros nodded and handed the letter to his pupil. "This contains your commendations as well as my greetings to the head of the monastery." He then rose up and faced his pupil, before speaking again.

"I've aided you as far as I can on your path, the rest is upto you. I hope that the warrior monks will be able to teach you something new and valuable with their art, just as I teached you patience and discipline with my Kara-Ka."

"However, it is time to end my part as mentor on your Azar-I-Iehor."

Enegros raised his hand on his pupil's forehead, and started performing a ritual where he blessed the pupil's head for the wisdom of his toughts), arm for his strenght and chest for the compassion and care for those lost in darkness, while uttering the words:

"Through pain and suffering..."

To which his pupil answered,

"...To Iehor and peace."

Both men stood still in the silence for few moments, before Enegros spoke again.

"You are ready. Now on your way."

Determined to reclaim the northland and reduce the war to a single front, the Satar joined with their new Vithana allies into a single host, and in a ceremony full of elaborate ritual, made the Vithana Redeemer Jahan a Satar lord. He was proclaimed Prince of the Moon; in turn, he swore that he would defeat the various challengers to the Exatai, restore the justice of Exatas to its distant northern marches, and finally reclaim the south.

...Really? Really? :p

That aside, a suitably epic update, NK.

I'm not pleased with this update at all... Are there any other nations I could take?

OOC: We're talking about a different paradigm of statesmanship, das. Exatas doesn't always pass from father to son, in a dedicated line. In times of defeat, it's INCUMBENT upon the line to pass to someone else. Sort of like the Mandate of Heaven, but different. Exatai are not Empires.

To: Fifth-Gaci, Chief-of-Chiefs

I seek to treat with you, as Atraxes treated with your forefathers. I have broken with Jahan, and his karapeshai of the desert. Their lust for blood knows no end.

You have conquered Satara. But unless you accomodate the Satar there to your rule, you will know no peace. It will be a conquest built on sand, which will rebel for any pretender who wears a gold mask.

I am not as great as my fathers. I have no more grand dreams of conquest, only dreams of peace. Give me Satara, and I will do you homage. I will not seek to reconquer the Delta from the slave races.

I simply wish to repair the damage that reckless slaughter has done. Grant me this, and Satara will know peace, and trouble you no more.

In the four hundredth year of the mask.

To: Putra

Your struggle is admirable, but futile. We have already captured your capital, as well as Anzai. Many of your wise kin have taken my side, realizing that in the end they will be on the winning side. And your people still have a chance to do the same. Surrender, and you will be incorporated into the world's mightiest empire. Great cities will once again arise in the jungles of the south, and the land will flourish under our guidance.

To: Parna

You claim that we seek the domination of your kin, yet you are the one who calls them up for war. It is you that calls them to die in a pointless war. Parna is a snake, preying on both side of this conflict.

....you will be incorporated into the world's mightiest empire. ...

To: Parna

You claim that we seek the domination of your kin, yet you are the one who calls them up for war. It is you that calls them to die in a pointless war. Parna is a snake, preying on both side of this conflict.

If that does not describe seeking domination then I shall eat a clam shell.

They will be joined with us, not kept on a leash like you already treat them. Incorporation doesn't mean domination. We will teach them our ways, and civilize them. Their lands will grow rich under our guidance and council. You seek to keep your kin in the darkness of barbarity, to drag them down to your level and completely control them. Disgusting.

Phew. That's just massive read. And the most epic battle in history. Wow.

Just one thing NK, you forgot my campaign against Cynta :p (not to complain much, everything went smoothier than expected. I'd still like you to check that one up).

That's a good point, and Cynta should probably be under your control. I'll update the map soon with that and a couple of other changes.

As a final act of the Eastern League:

Cynta and Serkos pledge their undying and complete allegiance to the Emperor of Leun.

See above for Cynta; as for Serkos, it would like to state that it is not a member of the Eastern League. It would also like to exchange cordialities with Leun and the Opulensi. :p

to: Putra

We must stand united against this Kogur threat. I will be contacting you over private channels on how to conduct this defense.

Certainly.

to: Shentha

If Putra falls, you will be next, join as against the aggressors to the north.

We will consider it.

to: Surrounding Tribes

The Kogur threat is indeed real, let us end our feuds and unite against a common cause. You hear rumors of destruction of each other by the men of the north, let that not come to us. The Kogur Clan will bring that to us! Their actions show no regard for the land that is ours and that our ancestors have lived on for thousands of years.

The answers are mixed and mostly noncommittal.

I'm not pleased with this update at all... Are there any other nations I could take?

Any NPC, or PC who doesn't show up in the next week or two.

To: Putra

Your struggle is admirable, but futile. We have already captured your capital, as well as Anzai. Many of your wise kin have taken my side, realizing that in the end they will be on the winning side. And your people still have a chance to do the same. Surrender, and you will be incorporated into the world's mightiest empire. Great cities will once again arise in the jungles of the south, and the land will flourish under our guidance.

Your mighty empire must not be all that strong in geography. Anzai is still in our hands.

Claiming Rihnit

@NorthKing,

If you still have my orders can you send them back to me. I sort of deleted them and would like help remembering what i was doing.

Your mighty empire must not be all that strong in geography. Anzai is still in our hands.
Excuse our messenger's error. ( :p ) Your empire must not be strong in arms though, for your capital is in our hands. Choose your next actions carefully.

I've since switched laptops. Seeing my orders again, since I've lost all my Kothari notes,would be handy.

The Senate of the Third Union henceforth decrees that:

No horse-man shall sleep with horses.

Signed in HER name in the five-hundred and tenth year of the Second Union.

Drastic measures, but they are sorely called for. *nods*

Nope!

Top Bottom