Why can't some buildings be deleted?

mikeburnfire

Warlord
Trying to figure out why I can't sell certain buildings.

Bank and Market can't be sold. University and Factory can. Walls and Circus can't. Colosseum and Stable can. Wonders can't. I looked at the code, but can't find anything to indicate what makes buildings sellable.

Gpt and maintenance won't make a building sellable it seems. Free buildings don't need to be sold for more gold anyways.

Not sure why you would want to sell your bank anyway, it's free money!

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't sell scientific buildings in your capital if you're playing as Korea.

Which is probably very intended since otherwise you'd end up with a free research agree ment every time you sold and bought a library...

Buildings with no maintenance costs can't be sold.

Yes, shortly after Korea was released, they had a major exploit of selling library and rebuilding for additional free techs, that was patched shortly thereafter.

If you are razing city you want to sell everything from that city

You can't sell gpt positive buildings nor any maintenance free buildings, you can only sell buildings that are causing a negative gpt effect. Why does it seem that you're not making sense?

And when you build the Hagia Sophia and get that free Temple. That free temple replace the previous build temple if any. So you had better to sell the previous temple in a turn before to get some money back.

And when you build the Hagia Sophia and get that free Temple. That free temple replace the previous build temple if any. So you had better to sell the previous temple in a turn before to get some money back.

That's smart, but you can't do that when you get that free mosque from great mosque of djenne.

You can't sell gpt positive buildings nor any maintenance free buildings, you can only sell buildings that are causing a negative gpt effect. Why does it seem that you're not making sense?

BlackWizard was replying to AuganM's question of why you would want to sell your Bank. If you're razing a city you would want to sell everything you can to get extra money before it's all ashes and foundations. So that's why you would WANT to sell a Bank. You CAN'T, but you'd WANT to.

BlackWizard was replying to AuganM's question of why you would want to sell your Bank. If you're razing a city you would want to sell everything you can to get extra money before it's all ashes and foundations. So that's why you would WANT to sell a Bank. You CAN'T, but you'd WANT to.

That should be on the programmers because they didn't let you sell a bank.

I guess I never though of when you're razing cities, I think you should just get all the gold from the buildings you raze, it sounds gamey but it would make sense that your armies raid everything before they burn it to the ground.

I guess I never though of when you're razing cities, I think you should just get all the gold from the buildings you raze, it sounds gamey but it would make sense that your armies raid everything before they burn it to the ground.

So a bank that's not sold in a city that gets razed gets razed too, along with the city that got razed because the guy that wanted to raze the city couldn't sell the bank.

Yo dawg I heard you like razing so we put some banks in yo city so you can raze while you raze

Top Bottom