Cultural Victory Mechanics

theskibum

Brewer of Oatmeal Stout
Hello
I am having a tough time finding info thru the search function here on cultural victory mechanics. I'm sure this is due to my own searching inability.

I have BNW

Any links to threads on how to achieve cultural victory would be appreciated. Any advice that is generally considered culture strong

I am trying to understand how tourism works/plays into CV.

My understanding (could be wrong)

• 1. my own culture is basically "defense" against the AI winning cultural victory
    2. tourism is my offense in winning cultural victory
    3. great works as well as some wonders, buildings and social policies generate tourism.

So some specific questions I have are general strategy related.

1. What is the best use of great musicians, great work or concert tour?
    Is it best to get all the writers, artist, musician guilds built in one city or spread out?
    How do I interpret the victory screen for culture?

I am now on my 2nd game of C5 ever. First game was on lvl 3 difficulty with Songhai and very handily won dom. Now trying Washington on lvl 4

its better to have all the guilds in one city to build national epic there for the increased gpp generation. it also should be on a river or lake and ideally there should be food resources like wheat or fish though food can be delivered by cargo ships.

concert tour strength equals last 8 turns of tourism output before the musician is born, so early musicians should be used for great works. later use them for concert tours. in the end buy musicians with faith, as many as you can.

nice. thank you both

CV is more complicated to understand than the other victory types. The simplest way to understand CV is getting more and more culture or tourism as possible. A large amount of culture and tourism is a good foundation for anything you want to achieve with a CV depending on what you need and your civilization needs too.

Since there is already a thread on this subject I wanted to throw in what is going on with my current game.

Playing as Carthage on Archipelago map...I ended up getting the best island in years playing this game. I am in the Atomic Era...or the Future Era. I have most all buildings in all of my 7 cities. All coastal.

My question is ... I was playing catch up for almost a couple hundred years with the Culture Victory lead. I was trailing and trailing and nothing I did could I catch up to the Inca's. All writers and artist I went for tourism. Once I could dig up artifacts my tourism was growing. Once I could build Hotels my tourism was growing. Still each time I checked out the Culture window and selected Culture Victory...Inca's always had 50-100 more tourism then me. I would go from 50 to 100....Inca's would go up the same. I finally get to 135 and Inca's jumped up to 225.

I could not compete and get a head even spamming out all the guys to go dig art up etc. Finally I built the National Visitors Center and finally discovered the Internet. Boom my tourism was up to 350-400 and Inca's was still at 225-250.

So...is the reason why I could not keep up with the tourism based on that I had no Open Borders with any AI civs. I could only think that the Inca's had open borders with most all other Civs. Therefore there tourism was increasing on leaps and bounds.

Also if no other Civ wants to grant open borders with you...what's the best way to maintain tourism to increase.

Thanks

Brew God

Since there is already a thread on this subject I wanted to throw in what is going on with my current game.

Playing as Carthage on Archipelago map...I ended up getting the best island in years playing this game. I am in the Atomic Era...or the Future Era. I have most all buildings in all of my 7 cities. All coastal.

My question is ... I was playing catch up for almost a couple hundred years with the Culture Victory lead. I was trailing and trailing and nothing I did could I catch up to the Inca's. All writers and artist I went for tourism. Once I could dig up artifacts my tourism was growing. Once I could build Hotels my tourism was growing. Still each time I checked out the Culture window and selected Culture Victory...Inca's always had 50-100 more tourism then me. I would go from 50 to 100....Inca's would go up the same. I finally get to 135 and Inca's jumped up to 225.

I could not compete and get a head even spamming out all the guys to go dig art up etc. Finally I built the National Visitors Center and finally discovered the Internet. Boom my tourism was up to 350-400 and Inca's was still at 225-250.

So...is the reason why I could not keep up with the tourism based on that I had no Open Borders with any AI civs. I could only think that the Inca's had open borders with most all other Civs. Therefore there tourism was increasing on leaps and bounds.

Also if no other Civ wants to grant open borders with you...what's the best way to maintain tourism to increase.

Thanks

Brew God

Buy open borders from the other civs for 2gpt, but don't open yours to them. Send a trade ship too. One per civ is enough.

If you want to see how the other civs compare use the drop down thingy on the same screen.

Buy open borders from the other civs for 2gpt, but don't open yours to them. Send a trade ship too. One per civ is enough.

If you want to see how the other civs compare use the drop down thingy on the same screen.

Some civilizations aren't that silly because there's other civilizations that don't like to open up their borders with you. Civilizationsknow that yyou're trying to influence them so they won't allow open borders particularlyif you have rreally good tourism per turn.

Moderator Action: BNW prefix added

Top Bottom