Border expansion rate nerfed by expansions/patches?

FlorbFnarb

Warlord
Or am I just seeing the difference between America's Manifest Destiny and Babylon's normal rate?

Any ideas? Am I seeing an actual change to the game with the expansions, or was America's Manifest Destiny really that strong? It seemed like not only were my tile purchases with cash cheaper, city borders expanded through culture faster.

Babylon isn't even that unique when it comes to border expansion. Americ ua is buying cheap tiles, you didn't know?

I knew the gold cost for buying them manually was cheaper, but I wasn't aware that they naturally expanded through culture faster than other civs.

Is that the case? Is the culture cost for tile acquisition cheaper for America too?

I knew the gold cost for buying them manually was cheaper, but I wasn't aware that they naturally expanded through culture faster than other civs.

Is that the case? Is the culture cost for tile acquisition cheaper for America too?

No, America doesn't expand that easily other than cheap tiles. Why would you believe that America expanded quick ?

Border expansion is based on the culture, that the city produces. Maybe you went Tradition with the Americans? It's a great border booster for the starting cities.

Border expansion is based on the culture, that the city produces. Maybe you went Tradition with the Americans? It's a great border booster for the starting cities.

Yeah, maybe you did and besides, the traditional opener adds 3 cpt to the capital.

It's quite possible. I opened Tradition in the current Babylonian game as well, however.

I suppose it's possible I just bought more tiles than I had thought.

Tradition opener is a major difference, it provides a major discount to cultural tile expansion compared to not having it for every city in addition to providing the 3 culture in the capital.

America's UA includes a cash discount buying tiles, but not via culture.

There is also a world wonder that provides a discount for both cultural and cash buying that you might have built as America for synergy with your UA.

Top Bottom