Pure domination free for all

So I was thinking of starting a Huge map and cherry picking warrior like nations and only leaving domination victory. Probably continents.

Would that make Deity easier? I'd say so, since you don't race against the clock to win. And since I can protect my experienced units. But I don't want to play Epic speed to warmonger around (since Epic is more forgiving on you spending turns moving/shooting etc. compared to turns for research and grwoth)

But I want to play around with the various units throughout the ages and don't feel pressrued for time to capture capitals. I want to use the epic sea units (CivBE is so bland in that regard), the subs, the carriers, the experienced frigates upgraded to gunships etc.

I'm thinking of going for England and putting in Catherine, Isabela, Darius, Ghandi, Genghis Khan, Attila, Shakka, Alex, Harald, Dido, Monty, Wu Zetian, Oda, Napoleon and Bismark

I want an epic fight on land, sea and air. If I roll a good map I'll post it here. Yeah it will be easier than standard Deity victory, but I'm curioous how it would play out.

How would you guys go about it? Archers > Comp. Bows > Longbows, or turtle down, grow and go mad with Ships of the Line?

I'd say Ashurbanipal instead of Gandhi. Although everyone hypes up gandhi as the nuke king, he's as peaceful as can be and pretty much only uses nukes if someone declares war on him.

Ramkamheng also use nukes a lot. Has anyone noticed? Especially when hes attacked.

Egypt are trigger happy in my experiences, though they rarely stay around that long

A huge continents map would be the best. I use that with legendary resources. I use archers-composite bowmen-crossbows along with spear men and pikes. I had four other civs on the continent and eight CS. I finally cleared the blood soaked continent after four hundred turns. The Russians sent an invasion force but I met it with a sub wolf pack. I put a city on the other continent and now that I have bombers and tanks it should be a fun blitzkrieg across that one.

A huge continents map would be the best. I use that with legendary resources. I use archers-composite bowmen-crossbows along with spear men and pikes. I had four other civs on the continent and eight CS. I finally cleared the blood soaked continent after four hundred turns. The Russians sent an invasion force but I met it with a sub wolf pack. I put a city on the other continent and now that I have bombers and tanks it should be a fun blitzkrieg across that one.

Sounds cool! Care to post a save? I have had zero time to play, the puppy I got + gym and dancing classes are taking up all of my free time..

Here are a few snapshots ML. The first two show how many capitols I control and the other so you get an idea of the territory I control and a little taste of the action.
The third picture is the aftermath of a battle with Arabia. The CS Byblos was all in with ground and navel forces. I gave them bomber support to take Damascus which they did and are currently burning it to the ground. They also helped out with sinking an Arab task force of battle ships and ironclads. I actually lost a sub from my wolfpack in that engagement.
c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Time to play can be difficult to come by for sure. That size game takes hours but I work kind of seasonal and in a couple weeks I go back to work and no more time for Civ.

Battles in late era is pain in the ***. If I'm playing for domination, I usually finish them before modern era.

That's a large quantity of it all, that must be a gigantic map.

Gigantic(Epic) maps(Games) are the only way to play, in my opinion.
Dido has a tendency of getting out ahead in science race, at least in my limited experience, perhaps go with someone like Hiawatha?

Gigantic(Epic) maps(Games) are the only way to play, in my opinion.
Dido has a tendency of getting out ahead in science race, at least in my limited experience, perhaps go with someone like Hiawatha?

Or why not use the liberty social policy in an gigantic map and expand? Liberty can get your civilization expanded quick particularly in large maps like gigantic.

Those massive navy task forces make me drool! I'm definitely getting some Civ time today and tomorrow! I have to clean my place and walk the dog but yeah, since the girl i'm after is in another town I can focus on my inner Civ fanatic.

I think I will not go early archer rushing unless the terrain is really favourable. I get crushed by swordsmen with Cover or Knights with Medic/Cover at some point, or the fight really slogs down and some stupid clump of forets prevents my longbows from shooting an important choke point city.

I will go Tradition, get sevral good coastal cities, beeline Education into my SOTLs. Then the pack of ships of the line goes for whomever completed the Great Lighthouse, sweep his coastal settlements, I entrench them with longbows+defensive buildings and maybe 1 sotl in a cruicial city, then the pack continues ravaging until happiness becomes an issue or they get outdated.

Then I settle back down, go for oil and battleship upgrades, then it's the second wave of naval domination.

Nukes on subs are awesome by the way, for sure!

The maps are huge reddishrecue lots of elbow room once you conquer the other civs though :) I posted earlier I like legendary resources. It gives me a huge incentive to play. This game I have going now the English had silver mines the Moroccans had amber mines the Ottomans had citrus plantations and the Persians had gold mines. I started out with coa-coa and no iron in my start area. Someone had to loose a city or three :)

Tide, is that game on Deity?

if so, how did you get so much happiness with that many cities??

The one with over 900 happiness was on chieftain wimp setting but we all have to start somewhere :)

Top Bottom