Large Island maps

NiceOneEmlyn

Chieftain
Playing large Island maps, is it ever possible that an Island could be occupied by more than one Civilisation from the offset?

Thanks in advance.

On my 14th try I just received confirmation that two Civs can indeed start on the same Island.

Roughly 1 out of 10 times on Standard map size that this will occur if you include instances where it's 2 AIs.

It is very frequent that islands will be so close as to have one of the AIs colonize the other.

Higher probability on large map sizes.

It could be possible.. Polynesian liberty players could end up doing that early if done right.

Roughly 1 out of 10 times on Standard map size that this will occur if you include instances where it's 2 AIs.

That seems spot-on! How did you make that estimate?

It is very frequent that islands will be so close as to have one of the AIs colonize the other.

What do you mean by “colonize”? Are you talking about one AI conquering the other, or two AIs fighting over an island.

On my 14th try I just received confirmation that two Civs can indeed start on the same Island.

This may be of interest to some people; I just started a tiny Islands map with low sea level, lo and behold, I was on the same Island as the Huns of all people, LOL.

Maybe joncnunn has the possibility stats for such an occurrence?

Top Bottom