Trick to double panthenon bonus.

Ermak-

Prince
Let's say you spawned in jungles and took panthenon with +1 culture per jungle. There is a way to make it +2. This only works with cities other then capital. First, you must originate a religion. DO not spread it to your other cities. Then open religious tolerance civic policy, which makes panthenon of 2nd most populous religion bein effect. So you get panthenon bonus at first, then you get panthenon of religio (ur own) which effectivly doubles it. I had cities deep in the jungles making enourmous ammount of culture that way.

Can you make that work when you get a free prophet from hagia sophia world wonder? Or can you make that work with just building a pantheon and wait for a religion?

From what I understand, the religious tolerance social policy in piety works with major religion and its pantheon in a city and then the second major religion's pantheon in a city.

I think I understand what you are saying. The only issue with that is, that you would have to keep your other cities' pantheon beliefs. Eventually I feel that some religion - either yours or someone else's - would have to spread to that city.

Well, yeah I've seen that happen... You keep the pantheon and then you keep the religion in your city. Your religion will have 1 social policy from sacred path on jungles and then your left over pantheon will have the other 1 social policy from sacred path. The city is divided with 4 or 5 converts to the religion and then the rest of the 1 population has the pantheon, sacred path by itself then.

Top Bottom