Additional civs?

Ohhhhhh! I was almost sure it was a bord game!!
Are they going to make a bord game off of this? Or a movie! I love movies! Weee!

I think the settler retreat option is good, but if an enemy stalks your settler, he gets a free city.

what, how does he get a free city? the settler retreating means that it is impossible to catch a settler (note, i dont think it is a good bonus)

Ohhhhhh! I was almost sure it was a bord game!!
Are they going to make a bord game off of this? Or a movie! I love movies! Weee!

there already is a board game, its what the games are based on silly. come on, your sitting on the internet; google this stuff, wikipedia is your friend...

also, technically any film based on a civilization is a movie of... civilization.

Well the power would only work once per turn so if you used two units to take down a settler when one attacks it would retrete onto a space so that the other unit could capture it. If you leave all settlers undefened then one could easily be taken a couple of horesman.
And what Kadazzle means is if you stalk an unprotected settler than the settler will eventually create a city and the hidden stalker unit would jump out and take the unprotected city.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Here's an idea for the Ottomans.

Starting: Start with Bronze Working.
Ancient: When attacking, walls only add +50%
Medieval: Receive Feuldalism for free.
Industrial: +1 Aircraft Movement.
Modern: +50% Gold Production

Alternative to Rome?

Starting: All new cities automatically get a road built to Rome/Capital. (All roads lead to Rome)
Ancient: +1 Legion Attack.
Medieval: Half Cost Wonders.
Industrial: Half Cost Courthouse.
Modern: Half Cost Modern Infantry.

Ottomans=good
Rome alternative=no
To much half-cost powers, industrial copies the only thing that makes India unique and the starting and medieval are too close tothe acule rome.
They have no power that makes them unique.

Your Rome alternative has inspired me to do an Italy civ

Italy

Starting: Knowledge of masonary (and a wall because of first to discover bonus)
Ancient: +1 culture to working sea squares
Medieval: Recieve a medieval wonder
Industrial: Captured cities retain all buildings
Modern: Communism does not close down Cathedrals(but does close down temepels)

I think instead there should be another Rome alternative:

Start: Republic
Ancient: +1 attack/defence for pretorians
Medieval: Iron Working for free
Industrial: Half price roads
Modern: Half price wonders

Special Unit: Pretorians

I don't think the bonuses are too late, because modern era was begin with technologies like railroad, gunpowder or technologies like these.

I put the +1 attack/defence bonus in the ancient era instead of iron working, because starting with iron working is like being arabs plus republic (arabs warrior have the same attack of legions). They were the best in the world and knew a lot of tactitcs to defend and attack, then I think they should have their +1 attack/defence (army = 9/6)

I'm baffled at the fact that the Civilization team would rather Arabia, instead of the Persian or Ottoman empire. I mean, in all honesty, who is going to be playing as Arabia?

Persia, and the Ottoman empire have had a huge impact on our world's history.

These guys amaze me sometimes. I can also promise you guys, additional Civilizations are not coming. You can quote me on that.

I'm baffled at the fact that the Civilization team would rather Arabia, instead of the Persian or Ottoman empire. I mean, in all honesty, who is going to be playing as Arabia?

Persia, and the Ottoman empire have had a huge impact on our world's history.

These guys amaze me sometimes. I can also promise you guys, additional Civilizations are not coming. You can quote me on that.

Yes, maybe everyone know but maybe almost everyone would like to tell others what civilizations they would see.

And I think Arabs did more than the ottomans, maybe Persia should be here instead, but arabs had a impact on the world of that time.

Just digging this thread out of the bottom of the Civ Rev stack. Some nice ideas were exchanged here :)

I agree, they should definatly add in the Persians and the Ottomans. I have an idea for Persia:

5. Persians-Immortal replaces Legion
-The Persians begin with 2 capitals
-Immortals start out elite (not veteran, but with 1 promotion)
-Receive knowledge of Monarchy
-Half-cost market
-+1 spy combat

*To balance out this bonus, both capitals upon founding will start with only 1 population point. The capitals would be Parsagardae and Perseopolis, and both must be captured for domination victory.

Kedazzle's Ottoman's are pretty good except that Feudalism for free at medieval is way too powerful. As single Knight army could take over the whole world that early. All it would take is all science to get into medieval then all money to make a few knights. The Greeks and the English might stand a chance. The other civs would be road kill.

Haven't seen Srivijaya yet... Civ needs representation from the South East Asian region :p

Srivijaya (Balaputra):

Starting Bonus: Knowledge of Ceremonial Burial (Buddhism :D)
Ancient: Galleys start out with veteran status (Naval expansion on archipelagos)
Middle Ages: +2 food on sea tiles (Naval empire)
Industrial: 20% increase to commerce (Naval trade in SEA)
Modern: Half-cost wonders (Temples...)

:D

Top Bottom