True Start Location Earth Maps

One thing i noticed

When I play as the Romans on the huge earth map Venice and Ragusa wont set up as there within 2 squares of Rome... There also seems to be a similar problem in South eastern Europe with Belgrade and Bucharest doing the same thing.

Weirdly the City state settlers wont move and I end up pushing them outside the 2 square zone by buying tiles out from under them (Venice usually ends up founding in Southern France (Maybe swap the Venice city state out for Monaco) and Ragusa ends up in Tunisia)

That happened with me too... I just ended up capturing the settlers which saved me from having to build workers, but turned other civs against me from the get go.

I cant seem to find any downloaded file in any list on the game. I downloaded this game and it didn't show in the mods section. Any advice?

Good work and thanks but please just put arabia back to normal place ..ffs, takes me like 6 turn to get down there and im behind 4 ever then

Playing as Persia, Arabia never moved its settlers and therefore never founded a city. I assume this was related to the proximity of Persepolis?

Posted an issue in another thread before I noticed this thread was here...

There seems to be a bug in Dale's TSL for the World Map scenario that links all nations to a city state. When you first meet each nation you get the initial popup (Hi, I'm Napolean - with France listed), then you get another identical popup with the same leader pictured but at the bottom it says "Barbarian City State". The problem this creates is that when you declare war on any nation you declare war on the city state as well which doesn't bode well for your relationship with ALL other city states (and since nations are linked with city states in this scenario, ALL other nations).

In my game as England I started a war with France (which said I also started a war with Helsinki). I attacked a French embarked archer on the first turn of the war. In between turns several leaders shunned me for attacking the city state Helsinki. I lost several treaties and basically am a world pariah now for attacking a city state.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=384536

Anyone have this issue?

"Cannot download because microsoft BITS has not been started".

Anyone have this issue?

"Cannot download because microsoft BITS has not been started".

BITS is the MS Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Go to Start -> Run... and type in 'msconfig' (no quotes), then click on the last tab in the window that pops up. Scroll down to BITS and make sure it's enabled. If it's already turned on, then... I dunno - I'm a Linux guy, not Windows. Sorry! :-/

Posted an issue in another thread before I noticed this thread was here...

There seems to be a bug in Dale's TSL for the World Map scenario that links all nations to a city state. When you first meet each nation you get the initial popup (Hi, I'm Napolean - with France listed), then you get another identical popup with the same leader pictured but at the bottom it says "Barbarian City State". The problem this creates is that when you declare war on any nation you declare war on the city state as well which doesn't bode well for your relationship with ALL other city states (and since nations are linked with city states in this scenario, ALL other nations).

In my game as England I started a war with France (which said I also started a war with Helsinki). I attacked a French embarked archer on the first turn of the war. In between turns several leaders shunned me for attacking the city state Helsinki. I lost several treaties and basically am a world pariah now for attacking a city state.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=384536

Same issue here - everyone has a partner. I even had a crash when Oda declared on himself (Lhasa)

Same issue here - everyone has a partner. I even had a crash when Oda declared on himself (Lhasa)

Same exact thing as me, Siam and Seoul declared war on themselves and proceeded to cannibalize their own empires. I got quite a laugh out of it.

MODIFIED VERSION OF THE TSL HUGE MAP

Hello everyone,

I had discussed with Dale and some of you regarding the Arab and Persian start locations and now that I have discovered that the world editor has been released, I decided to make some minor changes to Dale's map.

It has really been done for my own personal use, but I thought it could be worth sharing with the rest of you.

Here is a brief summary of the major changes.

- Arab capital moved to present day Mecca
- Persian capital moved slightly southeast to more accurately reflect the ancient location of Persepolis
- Babylonians added. They have been placed in an appropriate location
- I have added ancient ruins to encourage exploration ("goody huts")

Please note I have just made the changes and am only now in the process of starting my first game. As soon as it loaded and I could confirm that my civ (the Arabs) were in the new location, it seemed as though things were working and I thought it would be worthwhile to share it. The modifications were really basic, so I can't imagine them causing too many problems, crashes or the like.

As Dale pointed out earlier, now that the tool is out, it is extremely straightforward to make the kind of changes described above (I did so in less than ten minutes just by opening up the world builder and looking around - no tutorials or reading required). I do not plan on "taking the project on," or anything like that. I simply wanted to share my changes to save others some time and possibly frustration, since it seemed several of you shared these preferences with me.

If you notice anything else that is significant and warrants change, feel free to share it. If I decide to incorporate it into my version of the map, I may post an updated copy to share with the rest of you. Keep in mind though that I may not be following these posts carefully. I have also made the key changes from my point of view and am not promising or committing myself to going beyond that.

I expect that in the coming weeks other people will come forward with "Accurate Earth Map" projects which may be even more ambitious than Dale's and with the intent of making ongoing updates, so keep this in mind as well.

Installation:

The easiest way I have found to "install" this file is to simply rename the old TSL Huge map (add for example "Backup" or "Old") and replace it with the one I have attached in the same file location. After that it should work.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Attachments

• TSL_Earth_Huge.rar
    10.9 KB · Views: 246

Hello everyone,

I had discussed with Dale and some of you regarding the Arab and Persian start locations and now that I have discovered that the world editor has been released, I decided to make some minor changes to Dale's map.

It has really been done for my own personal use, but I thought it could be worth sharing with the rest of you.

- Persian capital moved slightly southeast to more accurately reflect the ancient location of Persepolis

Please note I have just made the changes and am only now in the process of starting my first game. As soon as it loaded and I could confirm that my civ (the Arabs) were in the new location, it seemed as though things were working and I thought it would be worthwhile to share it. The modifications were really basic, so I can't imagine them causing too many problems, crashes or the like.

As Dale pointed out earlier, now that the tool is out, it is extremely straightforward to make the kind of changes described above (I did so in less than ten minutes just by opening up the world builder and looking around - no tutorials or reading required). I do not plan on "taking the project on," or anything like that. I simply wanted to share my changes to save others some time and possibly frustration, since it seemed several of you shared these preferences with me.

If you notice anything else that is significant and warrants change, feel free to share it. If I decide to incorporate it into my version of the map, I may post an updated copy to share with the rest of you. Keep in mind though that I may not be following these posts carefully. I have also made the key changes from my point of view and am not promising or committing myself to going beyond that.

I expect that in the coming weeks other people will come forward with "Accurate Earth Map" projects which may be even more ambitious than Dale's and with the intent of making ongoing updates, so keep this in mind as well.

Installation:

The easiest way I have found to "install" this file is to simply rename the old TSL Huge map (add for example "Backup" or "Old") and replace it with the one I have attached in the same file location. After that it should work.

Hope you all enjoy it.

OMG...

THANK YOU SO MUCH :love:

I opened up the standard size TSL map to make a more accurate map. I noticed in world builder there is a continents section with color coding for what belongs to the America's and Europe and so on. South America was color coded for Asia I believe, and some tiles in Oceania were actually coded for Europe. Not sure if this matters or has anything to do with, for example, starting as Japan and right away being able to see Rio de Janeiro.

I too have seen city states declare war on themselves. Oslo did it while I was playing as England. Then the game crashed. In fact the game crashes every time a city state declares war on itself, at least for me.

If you notice anything else that is significant and warrants change, feel free to share it. If I decide to incorporate it into my version of the map, I may post an updated copy to share with the rest of you. Keep in mind though that I may not be following these posts carefully

Thanks for an update! Some input the Italic peninsula needs to be reworked. There isn't even the island of Sicily and it's oddly shaped. Venice and Ragusa cant settle(same issue you fixed with Persia and Arabia). Also in N. America, Iroquois cant build because of America, and vise versa. That's all the issues I seen so far. Maybe make an enlarged Europe, the British Isles are rather small as well.

Hello everyone,

Installation:

Hope you all enjoy it.
Thank you so very much! It fixes the absurd player-CS bug too. Too bad Huge is killing my note. If only you could do it for Standard size )

Oh nice. Would really appreciate it if a Large version would come too. Really nice work people.

Thanks.

Top Bottom