Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

I wholeheartedly agree with no tech-trading. I think it would actually make a better team game when everyone micros to their Civ to their full extent.

So are we going for another game?

Perhaps we should make a list of people who are interested...

I am in so many games already, but I cant stand calm and missing this one. Even more considering that the preparations will take up to 2-3-4 months, I can say that I am in for the MTDG3.

Maybe we can make it inter-site and advertise to other sites too? Lately I've been in few other civ sites with active MP communities and they might be interested in forming teams to join the game.

Time to pick up this idea again. I would be for another one of these epics. Inter-site is actually a really good idea if we get others to join.

I disagree. The mystery is part of the game and the earth is not a balanced map.

Yeah no one wants to start in England or Japan. Then consider we'd probably do a small map those land areas would be tiny. I usually play Huge Earth if at all.

So if we are going to do an MTDG III we will need someone to host.

DaveShack has been incredibly gracious these last fews years but we can't assume he will be able to host another long game.

Plus it would give Dave a chance to perhaps participate.

Yeah, he is respected player, who I dont see problem of doing both - hosting and playing.

Well I didn't see him play much, just hosted really, which again was very nice of him to do. :goodjob:

Yea DaveShack deserves major kudos for hosting all these games. Yaaa DaveShack!:clap: And he must have a pretty good host CPU or a great internet connection, because I host games and mine seem to crash more often...:sad:

Maybe the thing to do would be to either put up another advertising post to get interested players to come join in the planning stages...:dunno:

Another idea is maybe the people who are here expressing interest can all form their own teams and be the turnplayers for those teams and let the teams fill up as we go along?

got a question:

In the history of demogames, how many teams end up the game with more than 2 or 3 active players? It seems to me that, generally, teams don't.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to form cores of teams around a couple of players as a team, and then allow people to join - but the core of the team is formed by a couple of people who want to play the game.

If we can make this an Inter-site demo game, it will be secured to have better participation and lasting teams.

Top Bottom