NEW Deity Challenge I - The Ottomans

What is Fruitstrike?

OK, now it makes sense. Yeah, for sure the NQ AI is a lot more sensible with its science and culture than the vanilla BNW AI.

I played a test game on a very normal map last night where all players were Sejong and the one that had the best starting dirt, most religion, etc, launched T210.

Just a matter of time: t210-215 likely.

Spoiler :

After liberating Greece, I destroyed Arabia and attacked Egypt right away.

In the meantime, my fleet (all range promo from brandenburg cap) killed all of assyrian navy and most of assyrian army. I could not take cap as it is not coastal, but when my land units get there, I don't think any unit left.

I was buying units nonstop: Spain had strong army and navy, but with the help of CS I cleared most of them already.

most artys got logistics or very close to it, and 2 got range promo as well. All I need to do is basically b click b click b click...

Spoiler :

Again, really impressive glory7. So what is your overall impression of the difficulty level of this map. Hard deity, deity+, or not that tricky at all?

This is weird, an AI is already 4/8 influenced by turn 160 and will win CV in 50 turns? I'm on my way to destroying him with arty just because of the massive unhappiness it will bring if he choose a different ideology. All his neighbors already DoW him to cut off his TR/OB. He's already popular over me despite my large empire with double religious buildings prior to WF. By the way he also converted most civs to his religion, and I used a huge amount of faith to get my religion back.

So NQmod made CV that much easier, probably way too easy that it can be done without hotels in a good game.

I lost to CV roughly T230, even though I tried to cripple the culture monger AI as much as humanly possible. They had a strong start in my game, lots of wonders, but also successfull military interventions. Really hard to stop their snowball when you're trying to win peaceful.

Spoiler :

Played a violent game, and wanted to see AI behavior in this mod. Started settling cities prioritizing forward settling AI as base for eventual attack. In the process getting FoY was also a great help. Liberty to settler, Piety mix. However I didn't focus on religious buildings until later since units and not infrastructure were key to this strategy. This allow me a lot of time to settle all the land in between. Eventually had enough of an army to repel Greek and Spanish DoW, and eventually got a good peace deal out of Greece. Eventually self founded 12 cities, 2 of them after NC. NC itself was rather late due to delays with wars. Main battlegrounds include Ankara + Samsun (Greece), Edirne + Gaziantep (Spain). I was able to start advancing with Janissaries + XB into Spain and took Madrid along with Seville as a peace deal due to their hostile behavior. Greece fought 2 wars and lost both but since he offers good peace deal, I never took Athens. Eventually he was pretty friendly and no longer a threat.

Pantheon with hammer/faith on boats, despite going piety, wasn't able to get religious buildings, and only happy shrines and RC (which wasn't helpful with the new UA). The UA meant that I welcomed foreign religions in my land, especially Islam with Pagoda + Mosque, so I just got them in every cities I could and eventually converted my cities back with some effort due to Islam getting the +30% range. Eventually when I decided CV, took reformation sacred sites after founding out that To the Glory of God isn't even available here. Otherwise it would've been a much quicker game since it would allow me to finish Aesthetics sooner and also buy GM/GW.

At some point, Egypt was major cultural threat and converted most of the world to his Islam religion, spammed wonders and apparently will win CV in 50 turns, so I joined the offer by several AI to DoW him to remove his TR modifiers. Meanwhile I made a detour and took Constantinople for many juicy wonders before joining in the attack on Egypt. At this point, I had gatlings available so decided to try those instead of artillery and it worked since they are much better at killing units. It doesn't matter as almost all my XB had range anyway. After killing Egypt, I let CS to take final city and resurrected Egypt when I attacked Assyria. I attacked Assyria to join Poland in the war to get fought in same war modifier and it worked, plus a few extra wonder/great works. Poland finally decides to trade full value and later DoF. Didn't kill Assyria off and left him with 1 city, took all his other cities in peace deal, and sold them to various AI for gold.

All it took was the 2nd GM to win the game. CV is pretty easy with this mod, only needed hotels + radios in the end, but I had almost made it to radar. The Autocracy ideology's Cult of Personality 100% bonus is silly, all it takes is #1 army score which is easy to get since I'm the only civ in the modern era. I pretty much left Greece, Arabia, Poland completely intact in the end. I also shouldn't bother with Rationalism as it's nerfed here and spend the SP to finish Aesthetics quicker. Funny thing is Egypt went from Popular over me all the way down to Unknown after winning the WF and bulbing 3 GW, and conquering his capital. The AI produced so many works that I was able to theme every wonders, including Broadway and Uffizi.

I think in the base game, it would require many more cities being razed to get such a quick time for violent CV. Seeing other's screenshots, I can see the benefit of crippling Spain early in my game. They were by far the worst in tech and barely even Industrial.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom