Multiplayer online only?

grommit5

Warlord
OK all you experts,

I know I've seen the answer to this somewhere but can't find it now.

It would really be a shame if I can't play against my kids at home. :(

Sadly, there will be no hotseat or splitscreen. There will be online play and system link. Unless you have a pair of 360s, Ps3s and DSs and am willing to buy 2 Civ Revolutions, then you're out of luck in playing your kids.

They didn't include a hot seat?! I don't ever play hotseat but that's still surprising...

Very suprising. You'd think hotseat doesn't require alot of effort to make. It's best not to question the Sid I suppose.

they can't do hotseat because turns are simultaneous...I'm surprised they didn't include split-screen, but it is the most requested feature over at the 2K forums, and there's rumors it might be worked on as a possible patch/DLC later on...if enough people want it, that is.

that's really sad, no hot seat and no split screen. i will have to seriously reconsider buying this. oh well...

PETITION TIME! because I would play with my brother all the time. you figure if there is two of you you might not be able to both play one 4 hour game a day......

no hotseat was such a big dissapointment. civ rev is ok but has nothing on civ 4 (best strategy game ever). how easy would of it to implement a hotseat mode even if you had to hand off the cntroller. I guess they thought it would allow you to look at other players set up, but me and my friends are fine with the honor code. I'm raeally starting to get mad about civrev.

may have bought the game with hotseat, but I'm just going to play it alittle at a friends house. funny how such a simple feature would have got me and obviosoly alot f other dedicated civ players to buy the game.

alittle more venting (sorry guys). I heard someone say they cant have hotseat because it's simultanous turns but it's turn based so this is not necesary. in civ 3 and 4 they pulled this amazing complicated feature offf(massive sarcasm). It's not rts so hotseat could easily be implemented, they just got lazy or rushed the game out without hotseat. I am so mad. well atleast the pc games have never disaponted me.

they can't do hotseat because turns are simultaneous...I'm surprised they didn't include split-screen, but it is the most requested feature over at the 2K forums, and there's rumors it might be worked on as a possible patch/DLC later on...if enough people want it, that is.

There's no simultaneous turns on the DS.

alittle more venting (sorry guys). I heard someone say they cant have hotseat because it's simultanous turns but it's turn based so this is not necesary. in civ 3 and 4 they pulled this amazing complicated feature offf(massive sarcasm). It's not rts so hotseat could easily be implemented, they just got lazy or rushed the game out without hotseat. I am so mad. well atleast the pc games have never disaponted me.

Its how they designed the game to be streamlined and fast. Every player does their turn at the exact same time on PS3 and XBOX 360 versions.

This works really well in online matches with a timer set, as since all players do their turns at the same time, they normally finish at the same time and they can immediately start their next turn. And with the timers, even if some players are taking a while to finish up their turn, everyone will know when their next turn comes up.

I would have loved to play hotseat with my brother, but I guess they did what they had to.

Hotseat would be really cool. Console games are all about sitting with your friends in the living room and competing against each other on the big screen.

Have to agree, if this game would of had hotset, I would of bought it, but for now, guess I wont.

Anyone tried to use system link to play CivRev? I have two 360 consoles and games disks but could not get it to work. Called Micosoft and after two hours the guy just said it doesn't work???? It plainly says it will work using system link on the game box. Very disappointing. The Microsoft tech stated I could use a regular ether net cable but I was reading where a special cable was needed for Xbox original system link.

Any answers out there?

Top Bottom