Cradle of Blood

McMonkey

----Evertonian----
SLeague Staff
Whilst uploading the Spanish Civil War I noticed that Nicheal has added a new scenario to the SL Wiki: Cradle of Blood

It is set in the Bronze Age and features a huge new eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern map with extensive (ocean type) river systems. All of the units are his own modifications and it looks like a bit of an epic. I have also been meaning to play his Ancient Steel scenario for a while now.

Whatever you think f the man, his work is extremely interesting and worthy of an investigation. He has clearly put a lot of time and effort into his work. Just a shame he can't play nice with the rest of us kids ;)

There is also a fictional scenario called Xarthage

Does seem like an epic. Thanks for posting about it McMonkey. Nicheal sent me some pretty funny emails calling me a bum for not releasing SeaKings yet (a charge I accept). My first impression is that things are slog going on account of all the forts and navigable rivers. There could be a bit more polish as well; all of my cities start in revolt and/or starvation and the fog of war is revealed only at starting unit placements.

I thought the map and some of the concepts are very interesting, especially the choice of units. I do find a lot of the graphics pretty dark (cities and unit shields/national colours). I tried to fix this by altering the Cities.bmp and adding the ToTPP shield colour line, but the unit colours were still very dark. If Nicheal were the kind of guy to take constructive criticism I would suggest improving the terrain graphics, sorting out the very dark units issue the units themselves look great) and putting some of the text (buttons etc...) back to default ones. I'm not a big fan of radical changes to the games appearance. I just find it distracting and confusing. Once I have made a few cosmetic tweaks to suit my personal tastes I will give it a go. Looks like a fun empire builder!

I'm not sure why he's bothering to PM you Curt. I may give him chance after chance like a domestic abuse victim, but you have made your stance abundantly clear! Once again, my every attempt to try and help re-rehabilitate him is thrown back in my face. Some people will never learn :(

Top Bottom