Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

Thanks for the advice .... it didn't work though.

THe quickest fix my problem was coughing up another $20 for a Warlords digital version. The install went perfectly. I figured I could have spent another 10 hrs. trying to make my CD version work but my time is worth more $2/hr. Lesson learned - don't mix & match the versions. Stick with either the digital version or the CD version.

Thanks a lot guys,

I tried what Ori suggested but still can't get it to work apparently. My BTS auto installs to a directory thus my patches still can't find it when I tried to update.

Is there a standard directory where I should place my BTS folders?

I really appreciate all the help so far.

Cheers,

I really messed. I read about the new patch and how it doesn't need the cd to run. So I installed it but I still had to click on the CD. So I thought that I would uninstall. Well uninstall didn't list the programs the same and I couldn't find them. So I deleted the folders. one was in programs as expected the other was in a "my games" file.

Bottom line: I can't uninstall Civ 4 and I can't install over it. When I try to do either it tells me that because of 1.74 patch the DC can't finish the install or uninstall.

So .... things look bad :-(

are you just using Civ4 or also one of the expansions? (just checking) - also: what operating system is this?

Thanks for the reply Ori. I am using Vista and BTS but actually I found the answer. Thanks to ainwood from almost four years ago. Isn't Civfanatics great?!

ainwood
Oct 28, 2005, 07:25 AM

Go to your Program files folder. IN there, there should be a folder called 'Installshield installation information' (If there isn't, then in the explorer 'tools' menu, choose 'folder options', then on the 'view' tab, check the option for 'show hidden files and folders'.

Open the 'Installshield installation information' folder. In there, you should see a whole lot of folders with weird names, like '{0AD84416-63A4-4CF3-BDDF-8FA866711FB0}'

One of those is for Civ4. Open each one in turn, and if it has a file in it called 'setup.ini', then double-click on that, and look for something that suggests that the folder is for Civ4 (eg. something similar to 'AppName=Civilization 4')

If you find a folder like that, then delete it. If installshield finds that folder, it thinks its installed already. You should then be able to reinstall.

Still having problems? Go here

http://www.2kgames.com/index.php?p=support
No Civ4 in the menu.

Email those guys. If there isnt a fix take the game back. Buy it when its finished.
usa@take2support.com

Hit them in the wallet or they dont listen.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133116

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133847

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133109

All sound and lag issues and no recognition of the problem.

-brbdc

most places that you buy software for your PC form don't accept returns if the item is open.
Guess they figure you made a copy then don't need the originals.
Ken

I've seen references to this issues so hopefully I've just missed the post and someone can point me to the solution.

I have a separate drive for all my games (G:), and this is where I have both CIV4 and BtS installed. The issue I'm having is that I can not get the 3.19 installer to see it. I know I could reinstall to C:, but I'm hoping there is a workaround that will allow me to keep everything on G:. Thanks.

anyone have a link to a manual 3.19 patch or simply the extracted files that can be copy/paste'd? i don't feel like reinstalling everything just because the patch setup programers decided everyone would put civ 4 in a default directory.

I just downloaded 1.74 patch and it wouldn't install it, but I wasn't able to load up the game anymore. After a few tries, I restarted. Still nothing. I just get the loading screen and then nothing more happens. I got this Error trying to install it "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Sid Meier's Civilization 4. The Windows Installer cannot continue." My stupid friend tried deleting all the Program files and my computer won't let me uninstall it at all.

HELP. Please.

i have civilization 4 and when i want to install the patch, an error occurs. Please someone upload the "civilization 4.exe" file and give me the link for download. tnx.

tnx (for saying welcome)
it says "no civilization installed on this pc. an installed version of civilization in needed."
i think that its for the crack and i dont have the original "civilization 4.exe" file and i dont have the civ4 cds.
what can i do?

Hi, I have an annoying problem when trying to update to BTS 3.19

Some info:
I am running on Vista
I originally installed Civ IV Gold (the one that comes with BTS version 3.13 IIRC)
Later, I didn't want to uninstall, but I just moved the folders I found to a different location (basically, I just copied all the files in C:\... Sid Meier's Civilization IV\BTS to my desktop instead, and then deleted the original Civ IV folder.)
The game still worked, and I even was able to patch the BTS to a later version (with a little difficulty, but probably due to my inefficiency more than anything else,) but now 3.19 doesn't recognize that I have Civ IV installed on my computer.

Technically, I guess, I don't, since I can't even find Civ IV in my "Installed Programs" list...but that was the case for my first update that I eventually was able to update.

Also, to complicate the problems, my CD drive is malfunctioning at the moment, so I can't use it until I replace it...

I guess another issue that is at the root of my problem in the first place was my reluctance to uninstall the program because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to re-install it later (because some of the newest game installation CD's have copy-******ant technology that I have been led to believe prevents you from uninstalling then later re-installing from the same CD...)

Hi all,

I have Beyond the Sword and when I wanted to join the Internet games I was told I should download Patch 3.19 which I did.

The problem is when ever I try to install the patch it crashes and disappears once I click on the install button.

Could you please help me fix this?

Top Bottom