Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Does Funny Valentine have a culture for Cultural Diversity Mod?

Colonial, just like Washington. IIRC, this would be the default option even if he didn't have one set.

For some reason, I'm not getting duplicate units from D4C. Any idea what kind of Mod Conflict could cause this to happen?

For some reason, I'm not getting duplicate units from D4C. Any idea what kind of Mod Conflict could cause this to happen?

Can you post your lua.log?

Yeah, it is safe to say nothing will be coming in June. FFXIV is far too enjoyable for me right now and I spend essentially all of my free time playing it.

That said, I probably wouldn't mind getting right to work on an FFXIV Civ project within the next month. The issue is, I have a lot of derelict mods which need updating. And I feel that is my main issue with modding these days. Creating and uploading new mods is fun; going back and maintaining the ones I've already made is decidedly not fun. This counts especially with the many mods based on IPs in which I no longer maintain interest (Fate, Metal Gear, Saints Row). I actually don't think it's even possible to turn Saber/Arturia into an interesting Civ at this point. Furthermore, trying to do some of the reworks I want to do without a Community Patch dependency will be a mind-wracking exercise.

So I'll say a couple of things:

• I'm not going to give even ballpark estimate dates for when I work on my mods again. We'll just go with the tried-and-true date of "when it's done."
  • Officially ending development on WFTW. The art requirements are just too staggering and I have made zero progress on that front in years.
  • Expect Rebellion Civpack to incorporate some of the stuff from WFTW that's worth salvaging.
  • Expect updates to the Neps before updates to nearly anything else, because I still consider those Civs by far my best work and they're still fun to play with even if I consider the series itself stale.
  • The MSF/Diamond Dogs update might not be as intensive as I promised, because, well, dead series, who cares anymore? And unlike City of Heroes, it wasn't killed when I still loved playing it.
  • Most other Civs' updates are probably going to be barebones -- get some Decisions in for Civs that don't have them and make sure they work with other mods properly. UA overhauls probably are going to be scarce.
  • If you see "Final Fantasy XIV: Gridania [BNW]" on the workshop before I've done basic compatibility work on junk civs like Arturia and Nanoha, don't be mad :blush:
  • You might even see a few mods out of me which don't involve adding new civs to the game.
  • I'm not preordering it because Civ games tend to be disasters on release, but I'm not opposed to getting Civ 6 within the first couple of weeks if it works decently and modding isn't gutted.

Vert's also got many TXT_KEY errors - including all the setup screen texts
TXT appears to be caused by "columns Language, Tag are not unique"
No Lua error for either the Shares bug or the spies.
Problem might be caused by the SetNumRealBuilding() method having (building, 1, true), which shouldn't be there.

Hey! My friends and I have been playing civ for a while and have only recently started using mods to make our games more interesting. One friend in particular came across your MSF civ and fell in love with it after trying it in single player. As such, we've been trying to find a way to get it to work in multiplayer with little success. The only way we've come across is to use a modpack full of other content that modifies the game in a way that we don't find very enjoyable. I understand if it can't be done but would there be any way that we would be able to have the civ work in multiplayer games without having to install an entire modpack to do so?

Hey! My friends and I have been playing civ for a while and have only recently started using mods to make our games more interesting. One friend in particular came across your MSF civ and fell in love with it after trying it in single player. As such, we've been trying to find a way to get it to work in multiplayer with little success. The only way we've come across is to use a modpack full of other content that modifies the game in a way that we don't find very enjoyable. I understand if it can't be done but would there be any way that we would be able to have the civ work in multiplayer games without having to install an entire modpack to do so?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533238&highlight=multiplayer+pack

This thread has a method of making your own multiplayer packs in it. It's not that hard to do however I did have some experience using the firetuner prior. It's definitely wortha look at though.

Vice, with things have calmed down a bit, I hope Im not too brash to suggest that maybe you can work at a Harambe Civilization? I dont want everyone to forget about him..

I'm sorry to hear that you find the series itself stale. (Though admittedly, VII despite being for PS4 only updated some graphics on the same tired maps in some cases, and the subgames had the feel of 'nothing new' certainly).

I'm glad to hear updates will be coming there first, and am sorry to hear that WFTW was too much to continue working on. Thank you for responding to us. ^_^

Thank you, thank you. I even managed to get 5pb to shoot plasma from her guitar by strumming on it, which is probably my current crowning achievement with model rigging.

A little teaser for their implementation:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom