Lord of the Rings Civ Pack Part 1: Rohan

For the hobbits, are you sure you wanna do the dunedain? They were men of Gondorian stock, not hobbits, and patrolled the area's just outside the hobbits borders, not actually inside them.

Granted, I don't know what they'd be replaced by, but I feel like the hobbits should be a civ that is made to avoid war as much as possible (as they were in the books), so a cheep military unit (like the hobbitry in arms) is useful, but maybe an uber worker would work instead, since the hobbits are so in-tune with the earth, if you will. Or a UI similar to terrence farms, that gives bonuses since the hobbits were such good farmers. It just seems weird for a civilization so anti-war to have a unit that was made for it.

yeah, I'm aware of the nationality problem, but they were specifically guardians of the shire and I don't really have any other choices. I can always change it later if someone thinks of something else. I think that maybe another building would be better. For all the civs I just want at least 1 unique unit and then the other two uniques can be anything. What kind of worker or improvement did you have in mind??

perhaps an enhanced scout for the hobbits (e.g. + 1MP ) since, according to the book, hobbits were very skilled at moving without being spotted by other beings (like the elves)
but I've no name for the UU

perhaps an enhanced scout for the hobbits (e.g. + 1MP ) since, according to the book, hobbits were very skilled at moving without being spotted by other beings (like the elves)
but I've no name for the UU

The Dunedain Ranger will ignore terrain cost like a scout, but have the power of the longswordsman. but maybe a scout would be good, I just can't think of anything

as you know, Dunedain were men, it is not ok for a shire UU, tmo.

Other ideas perhaps:

- unique trait: all scouts have +1 MP

- enhanced archers: hobbits were very skilled with bows and arrows so you could define as UU for ex. the Buckland's archer (having automatically some promotions )

as you know, Dunedain were men, it is not ok for a shire UU, tmo.

Other ideas perhaps:

- unique trait: all scouts have +1 MP

- enhanced archers: hobbits were very skilled with bows and arrows so you could define as UU for ex. the Buckland's archer (having automatically some promotions )

Trolls are neither orcs nor men, but does that stop them being ok for a mordor UU?

Nevermind, I know it isn't ideal, and originally I had the idea for something like a special archer, probably one that ignores terrain cost (because of the hobbits' skill to move around any kind of terrain unnoticed) and is cheaper but slightly weaker. how about that?

Sure hobbits were able to move around unnoticed, but they are more of a settled down people overall. I do agree with the enchanced worker though, or mabye a Unique Improvement that is a farm that is meant for hills (more food?). Dunedain Rangers pretty much WERE their military, so it makes since that they would be their military in the game too. And instead of changing the Dunedain Rangers, I think it'd be more realistic to change the hobbitry at arms.

to mitigate the "problem" you may call the UU only Rangers and be very vague in the unit description, not saying that they were men (or Dunedain). So very few people will notice the discrepancy.
And after all, it's your mod, you do what you want regardless of Tolkien ;)

note: in the book the hobbits did not even know that there were Rangers protecting them! (except the members of the fellowship and Bilbo)

to mitigate the "problem" you may call the UU only Rangers and be very vague in the unit description, not saying that they were men (or Dunedain). So very few people will notice the discrepancy.
And after all, it's your mod, you do what you want regardless of Tolkien ;)

note: in the book the hobbits did not even know that there were Rangers protecting them! (except the members of the fellowship and Bilbo)

That's the point, there WERE rangers protecting them and those rangers were dunedain. There's no need for me to cover it up...

Something ore colored like gold, silver, black, or something like that. I kinda do like the dwarves color becuz its like gold and mithril (cuz mithril is white, technically silverish white though)

Something ore colored like gold, silver, black, or something like that. I kinda do like the dwarves color becuz its like gold and mithril (cuz mithril is white, technically silverish white though)

okay, you're in charge of making their colour. Can you call it 'PLAYERCOLOR_DWARF'?

Hi, all! Im back!

Some ideas to the flag of the dwarves.

I need to know which ones will be the chosen versions of the icons so i can start to make the DDS files..

(sorry for my english...)

Regards

Semprini

Attachments

• flag_DWARVES2.jpg
    flag_DWARVES2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 236
Personally, I like the top 2, I already made the player color, but I'll change it a bit for whichever one Little One chooses...

And Little One, how do you post a file?

Top Bottom