Countdown to Brave New World Pack

European guys! Listen to me!

lets invade 'murica, take BNW and return to home before friday!

Or you could just go Indonesia style and settle over on this new continent to get the unique luxury! :lol:

I'm greatly annoyed I didn't get a pre download because I have such slow internet I will likely not be able to play until a day or so after it actually comes out...

I was ready the second I heard about it. Honestly, after this was announced I was thinking, "the 9th July?! That is SO far away," but here it is, roughly one more day. I can't wait.

So I'm guessing if I got the 1GB patch with the "expansion2" folder, I shouldn't have to wait for any download, it will just be unlocked at Midnight (EDT) and ready to load up immediately, correct?

So I'm guessing if I got the 1GB patch with the "expansion2" folder, I shouldn't have to wait for any download, it will just be unlocked at Midnight (EDT) and ready to load up immediately, correct?

I would think they missed a couple of small, but crucial files, so the experience will be a small download, a quick file verification and off you go.

Yeah, if they actually included everything I think, just maybe, that might have been a bit of a "problem." If ya catch my meaning. :shifty:

I wonder; for those who didn't get the exp2 file, do you think re-installing would get the files?

Well even if you got the pre-load you definitely will still need to download something. The core dll was missing from that pre-load.

I think the pre-load was an accident otherwise there wouldn't be some many people missing it so I don't think re-installing would fix anything.

If I am logged into steam and I leave my laptop open, is there any chance the game will automatically download immediately once the release time is reached and passed? I will be at work at exactly 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Or, do I still have to approve the download even though I've pre-ordered?

If I am logged into steam and I leave my laptop open, is there any chance the game will automatically download immediately once the release time is reached and passed? I will be at work at exactly 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Or, do I still have to approve the download even though I've pre-ordered?
Steam auto-updates unless you turned that off.

How does pre loading work? I've already purchased the game but I don't think I downloaded anything yet...? Just want to be ready in 24 hours. :D

If you're in doubt, you can always view the DLC checklist in-game. BNW should be there, but it won't respond by enabling it (not until tomorrow!).

Then what do you call someone who's strictly from the US? :p

A citizen of the United States of America. Or simply of the United States. I am not familiar with another country been called the United States (though my knowledge may be failing me in this).

New American UA: Anticipated release... +3 happines for city -10% production after modern era (because you play before to BNW) :D

I wonder; for those who didn't get the exp2 file, do you think re-installing would get the files?

It doesn't. Tried that on another PC which didn't get the update. It's thought that we shouldn't have got the files in the first place and the download of them was halted as soon as Steam realised. On this, my main PC, I had Steam open and ready to update on 2nd July ready to receive the files - and got the extra files. TBH, apart from browsing them for clues and maybe a 10 minutes start when it goes live, it's not made that much of a difference.

Top Bottom